Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode auto-activating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if already raised (I had a look elsewhere but couldn't see it), however in 2022.44.25.3 I'm finding that Sentry Mode keeps activating itself when I put the car into Park. I keep deactivating it (both in my user and the Easy Entry profiles) but it keeps doing it. More annoyingly when parked I'm also finding it keeps reactivating at midnight! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Check the setting I indicated to keep it off until you want it active again. Otherwise it will come on every time.
Would that disable it completely though? Because I'd still want the ability to remotely activate it to view live cameras. It never kept reactivating itself when going to park or automatically overnight on prior SW versions so I've logged fault with Tesla too. Will also try a full reboot just in case.

Just went to the car to check this out. Turns out that you can have sentry mode OFF and still enable Live Camera on Mobile App. I was able to view all 4 camera views with sentry mode off and live camera view ON. Enable sentry mode in the app.

Attachments

• 7153BFF0-3778-479D-BBE5-EDF9CF4E580F.jpeg
    7153BFF0-3778-479D-BBE5-EDF9CF4E580F.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: ediflyer
Just to update - I checked in the car today and tried switching that toggle in Security off, however it still kept reactivating itself! (the toggle would switch back on, even though I'd made sure it was set to off in both driver and Easy Entry profiles). I then did a full reboot (2 buttons + brake pedal) and it thankfully seems to have stopped it reactivating itself 🤞

Reactions: Occhis
Apologies if already raised (I had a look elsewhere but couldn't see it), however in 2022.44.25.3 I'm finding that Sentry Mode keeps activating itself when I put the car into Park. I keep deactivating it (both in my user and the Easy Entry profiles) but it keeps doing it. More annoyingly when parked I'm also finding it keeps reactivating at midnight! Is anyone else experiencing this?
I am having the same issue. I've turned it off in the app and in the car. Every time I turn it to park, Sentry switches on again. It's killing my battery. No idea what to do.

I am having the same issue. I've turned it off in the app and in the car. Every time I turn it to park, Sentry switches on again. It's killing my battery. No idea what to do.
Have you tried doing a full reboot of the car? Since doing that I've found it has been OK. Although reactivating Sentry to view cameras remotely in the app made it stay on again (even when stopped in the app), switching it off in the car seemed to 'stick' this time.

In happier news the shortcut in the app (once I'd realised I had to long-press on an existing one to change it) to open the doors when the handles are frozen works well!