Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode causing screen to crash after USB full?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My screen when black today as I started driving, and after doing the two button restart the car wouldn't record anything (x on the camera).

After taking the 8GB USB drive out and doing a check using my computer I realized it was completely full (mostly sentry mode recordings while car is parked). Once I deleted all the files the car went back to recording again without issues. Anyone else having problems with Sentry Mode filling up your drive and causing the screen to crash?

You might be on to something. This happened to me last week, screen rebooted at the very start of a drive and later in the day I noticed the dashcam icon was grey so I took the card out and it was full. I did not put 2+2 together because it was the first time since owning the car that my screen rebooted (6 months old) and your post just made me click 2+2=4:D

Many threads and posts on the storage requirements for TeslaCam’s 1 hr. rewriteable buffer (5.4GB), but more specifically for Sentry Mode or when you save a driving video (same size—0.9GB for each saved 10 min. file and Not written over). 64GB and up is a more reasonable capacity. I’m using 128GB and some others are going with a 256GB. Suggest reading some of the threads to get a better feel for using it and what people’s experiences have been.

X does indicate the flashdrive or memory card is full per user manual.

Reactions: Thp3