Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not recording (reliably)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I could test (any of) the new versions. These software versions are a clusterf#$%. I'm still on 4.18.2, sentry mode has been broken for over a month, and they keep "playing with" different version numbers, nothing really sticks, and I get no updates. First it was 4.18.10, they played with that for a few days. dumped it, and then they released 4.18.11 and lots of cars got that. 4.18.11 has been out for a week and now that one is trickling out (not many installs on that anymore) and now they've given up on 4.18.11 and have started dropping 4.22. Now 4.22 will become the latest until next week when that one gets "stale" and they decide to dump a new one (which I won't get either)... and repeat ad nauseum. The only time my car ever seems to get an update is when one version sits for like 2 weeks without any new updates after it. Then MAYBE I'll get that one.

Pretty annoying. Someone needs to get ahold of the releases and stop this round robin crap. It's like my car is only allowed to pick from the stale versions that have been available for 2 weeks, but recently they keep throwing even those away and updating them every few days with something new so my car NEVER gets an update: there's nothing stale enough that they're willing to feed my car! I'm on "Advanced" releases, always have at least 3 bars of WiFi, and have tried every trick in the book to get updates. Shouldn't be this hard.

Mike