Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New P3D owner here. Have a compatible USB drive plugged into the front left USB port. Drive is properly formatted to FAT32 via my mac. Records dashcam videos just fine, but no sentry events. I get the alert on my screen saying there are X number of events. When I plug the drive into my computer, the Dashcam events store in recent or saved just fine, but the SentryClips folder is totally empty. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO DIFFERENTLY?

I cannot help but I also have an issue. I have USB plugged but sentry mode enabled and I cannot removed the report. How do you remove?

Attachments

• 157702540717940792770020909784.jpg
    157702540717940792770020909784.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 76
Hi,

I had some issues with a 128Gb stick. It seemed to be pre-formatted with a FAT32 partition. I removed this partition and reformatted it in Windows 10 with a tool called guiformat.exe -> FAT32 with the default allocation unit of 32768. Then it worked! There is still an issue with a "clean eject" when removing it from the car's usb port, but that really doesn't keep it from functioning.
The tool can be downloaded from internet and used at own risk of course :)

I haven't been able to devote much time to finding a solution, but I have a slightly different use case. Recent and saved clips work fine, but sentry mode doesn't save clips. But it DOES create the directories within SentryClips for the times of events. So that would seem to rule out formatting as a problem.