Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode & USB Power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the car is awake (it is when Sentry mode is on) I believe all 4 USB ports and the 12V outlet stay powered. This changed 2 or 3 software versions ago (like 2019.20 or before that?)

Cool - I am thinking of using a Raspberry Pi to record camera footage and if the power is gone, it would take like 30 or so seconds to boot up again. Would most likely get errors that it's too slow.

Cool - I am thinking of using a Raspberry Pi to record camera footage and if the power is gone, it would take like 30 or so seconds to boot up again. Would most likely get errors that it's too slow.
if you are looking at some of the Auto transfer options to your home computer, they do allow ways in the config file to keep the car awake if that is what you are shooting for. The errors have been corrected as well. Think they make some of the files read only. Attempting to get one working myself but ran into an issue where the Pi does not see the shared home computer when I run df -h. I can manually add it and I see it in the fstab but this does sound like a really cool idea.
Here's the thread if someone wanted to read a few pages.
Anyone still rocking a Pi Zero W smart drive for TeslaCam on Sentry Mode?

Reactions: darth_vad3r
if you are looking at some of the Auto transfer options to your home computer, they do allow ways in the config file to keep the car awake if that is what you are shooting for.

Huh? The Pi plugged into the USB can keep the car awake? (Is what I thought at first). LOL. Of course it is networked and you can set it up with an API auth token so it can hammer the API to prevent it from sleeping! Nice.