Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry remote - Enable "remote camera access"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I missed it. Anyone notice that it won't work on Wifi? It just spins and says Error and then has a "Refresh" button.
Once I got off my home's wifi and just use LTE connects immediately.

Edit. Actually tried two iPhones and both only work when off my home wifi. iPhone 7, iPhone 11, T-Mobile and Verizon.
Weirdly, mine is showing black, then a flash of my garage and then going black on wifi. Link to screen cap since can’t upload video here.

Funny, I’m having the exact opposite problem, mine only works when connected to WiFi.
Same here -- works when I'm connected to my home WiFi. Does NOT work with ATT data on cellular - both car and cell phone with 4 bars of signal. I also tried it with the cell phone on data away from the house and the car connected to the home WiFi --- nope didn't work that way either. Haven't tried it with someone else's WiFi.

Makes sound in both directions that you drive. From the owner's manual....

The Pedestrian Warning System (if equipped) causes Model Y to emit sound when driving below 19 mph (32 km/h) or while driving in reverse.
I realize it's supposed to make noise, I'm merely stating I personally haven't heard it in my vehicle. I've also asked family members who've been outside the vehicle when driving forward and they haven't heard anything either.

Just got my notification that I can install. That should be a fun add.
So we have to wait for notification? I saw the article in Evannex today, and updated my phone (Android) app and my Model Y, but I can't find the option in the Car's Software. As I understand it, there is supposed to be a switch that lets you select remote control from your phone, but I don't see it anywhere in the controls > privacy and security area. All I can do there is turn sentry mode on or off. Am I missing something?

You have to enable this IN THE CAR, not on the app.

Funniest thing is if you talk into the app, the external speaker broadcasts it in a Darth Vadar like voice. A+!
Where do we find it? I downloaded and installed the latest updates for my Android phone and for my Model Y today, but this feature does not show up. Nothing has changed on the car or on the phone. I can turn sentry mode on, and turn it off. On one of the articles I saw today (from Evannex) it looked as though there would be a switch to enable remote access, but I don't get that switch.

So maybe it's not equipped in all vehicles.
Depending on the production date not all Model Y vehicles have the pedestrian warning system (PWS). The PWS requires a wiring harness and a speaker to be present in the Model Y. Due to COVID the government kept slipping the deadline for implementing a PWS in plug-in hybrid vehicles and EVs. Some vehicles have the PWS anticipating a specific date, then the government changed the date for implementation (may have changed more than one time.) Current production Model Y vehicles have the PWS.