Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: 45thParallel
Ordered 9/30/2021 MY 19inch wheels white/black LR EDD 2/28-3/28
We're in a similar situation, same spec but 5 days apart. My current EDD is becoming the longest EDD I've had to date. Hopefully the next one is starting to cut down to 2-3 week windows.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/18: EDD February 14 - March 14th (47 days since latest EDD, 115 days since OD)

Looking at the spreadsheet entries updated in January only, MYLR white with VINs I see AVG Order to VIN at 148, AVG Order to Delivery at 210 days. These numbers keep growing as people who waited a ton for their VINs start posting them. But on the bright side, I am seeing quite a few August entries in there.

1642537287597.png

Last edited:
Hey Sept Fam! I have a quick question. Today I received the text from Tesla asking about my trade in. I don’t have a trade in so I replied that. My question to the group is, does that text mean anything at all? I know I read something somewhere in here but when I do a search I can’t find it. OD 9/8, BLK on BLK, 20’s EDD 1/26-2/23. EDD has changed 11 times since 9/8
I got one too! wondering if it means anything!

----
MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No | EDD: 1/25-2/22

That’s cool….I just took it that things are moving along. Curious if anyone has a correlation between this text and a VIN?
I got that text 6 weeks ago. I asked for a quote, which expired two weeks ago. Since then, I've had my EDD range pushed back four times after entering the range, and this last time the total number of days increased from 11 to 27.

Based on my experience it means nothing.

Reactions: ChefMike and 200 OK
Guys, tomorrow, I will be signing off from this thread, and moving to interface and other topics, if everything goes well. I will for sure post my customary photos. My delivery was scheduled for this Friday but I got a call today saying car has arrived and is being cleaned up and inspected. If everything is found OK would I like to take delivery and do the tradein earlier. I said yes and so they will drop off my Tesla tomorrow (Wednesday) around noon, and they will also take away the tradein. This will bring an end to the 4.5 month journey from booking to taking delivery.

Guys, tomorrow, I will be signing off from this thread, and moving to interface and other topics, if everything goes well. I will for sure post my customary photos. My delivery was scheduled for this Friday but I got a call today saying car has arrived and is being cleaned up and inspected. If everything is found OK would I like to take delivery and do the tradein earlier. I said yes and so they will drop off my Tesla tomorrow (Wednesday) around noon, and they will also take away the tradein. This will bring an end to the 4.5 month journey from booking to taking delivery.
Congrats!

I just notice something interesting while checking my order status online: with no change to my EDD and still no VIN assigned, the button to add FSD became available again.

I originally ordered with FSD in September, but changed my mind in November and removed it using that button. At the time, I acknowledged that "I [would] not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle" so it is kind of weird that the option came back, and right before the price is set to rise on January 17.

Is this happening to anyone else? Would you add FSD back given this chance just for the $2,000 "saving"?
Update: looks like that they have now raised the FSD price for new orders, but kept the $10,000 price tag for everyone with an open order who wants to add it back before delivery.

Congrats! 🎉 Do you know if you will be getting Ryzen and the 12V li-ion battery?

That’s awesome, congrats. Now it only your fellow white MYLR Minnesotan brethren could get some good news soon. 😆

I got that text 6 weeks ago. I asked for a quote, which expired two weeks ago. Since then, I've had my EDD range pushed back four times after entering the range, and this last time the total number of days increased from 11 to 27.

Based on my experience it means nothing.
Thanks for replying. Not the response I was hoping for but I’m not surprised. Thanks again and hopefully all u nice ppl get your Y’s soon!

Congrats! 🎉 Do you know if you will be getting Ryzen and the 12V li-ion battery?
90% chance it is an Intel. Mine was made on 7th January. From 11th January it is pretty much 100% Ryzen. I could have cancelled and delayed my car, but I just want to move on! In a year's time, if Model Y has had big changes, I will trade it in and buy a new one. Improvements will continue to happen at Tesla.

Reactions: 200 OK
That’s awesome, congrats. Now it only your fellow white MYLR Minnesotan brethren could get some good news soon. 😆
There is a Minnesota Tesla owners Facebook group. Some one else in the group is taking delivery of their White colored Tesla this week. I will post in detail my experience. I am taking home delivery so it should be a quick exchange.

There is a Minnesota Tesla owners Facebook group. Some one else in the group is taking delivery of their White colored Tesla this week. I will post in detail my experience. I am taking home delivery so it should be a quick exchange.
See you on Facebook! Hoping the EDP service center gets mine in soon. I don't care about Ryzen but I'm hoping for heated wipers.

This is crazy. At the end of the day, it's a glorified iPad with worse performance than an iPad.

How is its energy consumption higher than iPad?

If plug my IPad to M3 and use it as infotainment system, I don't notice a range reduction of 3.5%.
The screen is a monitor. The cpu is different then that of an ipad. My gaming cpu draws 300w under load. Video card another 400 watts. iPad doesn’t do that kind of power draw…