Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone MYLR orders got their VINs recently? It has been pretty quiet lately. All I see are MYPs😐
I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he confirmed my order date was 9/30, I always thought it was 10/2, but said he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

I don't know if updating my milage broke the system but now I'm hoping for the quick change and that employee was right and to still expect my car in the next 2-3 weeks.

I just bugged my electrician buddy to get down here in put my Nema outlet in my garage this weekend. I'm going to look like an idiot if my car doesn't get here to June now.

Reactions: ebNautilus
I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he confirmed my order date was 9/30, I always thought it was 10/2, but said he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

I don't know if updating my milage broke the system but now I'm hoping for the quick change and that employee was right and to still expect my car in the next 2-3 weeks.

I just bugged my electrician buddy to get down here in put my Nema outlet in my garage this weekend. I'm going to look like an idiot if my car doesn't get here to June now.
It's most probably a glitch on their system. No reason to actually push your delivery to June(unless your profile is somewhat incomplete). Hopefully they can fulfill most September orders this March or early April.

Reactions: HopefulCali
It's most probably a glitch on their system. No reason to actually push your delivery to June(unless your profile is somewhat incomplete). Hopefully they can fulfill most September orders this March or early April.
I did ask him if there was anything holing my order up and he confirmed 'no' so hopefully you are right. I did order on the very last day of Sept so I might be the last Sept order :) or it will feel that way.

I ordered 9/28 and my EDD is April - May and has been for the last 3 weeks. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: Jdizzl11
I'm a supply chain person myself and you make a good point about maximizing revenue. To play devil's advocate, wouldn't Tesla be able to push out my basic Model Y indefinitely if they had a large enough backlog of premium orders? It would work great for Tesla but be terrible for the consumer.
I was thinking more about this last night and I have noticed many people here with White and Midnight Silver Metallic vehicles orders are reporting April-May EDDs. Talking about supply chain, perhaps there's a shortage of White and MSM paint or pre-painted body panels in those colors specifically since they are the most commonly ordered colors for the Y.

I was thinking more about this last night and I have noticed many people here with White and Midnight Silver Metallic vehicles orders are reporting April-May EDDs. Talking about supply chain, perhaps there's a shortage of White and MSM paint or pre-painted body panels in those colors specifically since they are the most commonly ordered colors for the Y.
This is what I’m seeing as well - I’m waiting on a white everything base model y LR, and still holding strong onto a March 12-31 EDD but wake up each morning expecting the dreaded push out to June… hard to stay optimistic!

There were rumors of a white paint shortage but i don't know if its true. Its definitely odd that so many white colors have been pushed far out.

I have a white/white on order which probably isn't helping me either.

Yep, I ordered White/White and have been pushed out to April 17 - May 15 recently.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine and resulting increase in oil prices is motivating people to go electric. Tesla just increased their Model 3 and Y vehicles by $1,000:

It’s the nickel. Russia is a huge supplier of it, and 90% of the cathode in the NCMA batteries used in the none-standard range Teslas uses it. It’s interesting to think about what that means for battery chemistry going forward.

Reactions: ksupilot
Don’t worry! Haha. We got 2.5 weeks left of the month essentially. A lot can happen in that time frame especially since it’s EOQ 😈
We have the same order but my EDD is 9/21. I got a text today to submit my trade in VIN# and mileage. I thought I answered that on their previous text on 1/28.
How long is the wait to get the Tesla after anyone got their trade in offer?
Btw, we were on 3/5-3/31 and was pushed to 3/19-3/31 on March 6th.

We have the same order but my EDD is 9/21. I got a text today to submit my trade in VIN# and mileage. I thought I answered that on their previous text on 1/28.
How long is the wait to get the Tesla after anyone got their trade in offer?
Btw, we were on 3/5-3/31 and was pushed to 3/19-3/31 on March 6th.
Your trade-in offer expires in 30 days, so if you gave them the infor on or around 1/28 it has expired and you'll need to send them a new mileage photo and get the current offer for your car.

I got a trade in text message in early December and expected a late December delivery, and nothing happened. The offer expired and when the contacted me again I declined a trade-in. I don't think it had anything to do with the timing of my eventual VIN.

Your trade-in offer expires in 30 days, so if you gave them the infor on or around 1/28 it has expired and you'll need to send them a new mileage photo and get the current offer for your car.

I got a trade in text message in early December and expected a late December delivery, and nothing happened. The offer expired and when the contacted me again I declined a trade-in. I don't think it had anything to do with the timing of my eventual VIN.
I got the trade in offer, wow that was fast! I have until 4/30. According to SA, we might get the Tesla soon.