Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone not in California (or near Fremont) receive a VIN in the last week or 2? I am still holding out hope that all of us East Coasters are getting pushed back because they changed the Delivery algorithm to just orders within a certain mile radius of factory to maximize EOQ sales. Hopefully after month end, they update the algorithm to include east coasters and we all start receiving VINs again and get our EDD brought back in. Wishful thinking...lol

I have also debated changing my order to a MYP if I could get it ASAP. However, it seems that the people that have had success with this all live near Fremont. Plus, I originally didn't order a MYP due to the lower suspension and lower profile tires...that hasn't changed so still not worth paying extra even if I got it a bit sooner.

I live very close to the Fremont factory, 9/2 Hold remove date, PC date 9/30 (original OD 5/29!!). Still haven’t received my car after being kicked out of two 2-week EDDs in March. Right now sitting with an EDD of 4/20-5/25. I really hope this 2nd quarter, we get our cars

Here we go again. EDD pushed back 3 weeks to 4/28-6/2. EIGHTH EDD! Just curious, is the performance model just a software change or does it involve a different motor?
Off the top of my head, MYP has different Moter, 21"uberdine wheels, different Breaks, spoiler, Micheline All Wheel Tires. Lower Range, faster 0-60 :). and I am sure a few more things.

Reactions: ebNautilus
Was assigned a VIN ON 03/21
EDD got pushed back again this morning to 03/30-04/05
Was told yesterday that my car is still in pre-production.

Just returned my rental that I had for two weeks waiting on this delivery. If delivery doesn't actually happen I feel like I have to just cancel my order and go buy another car. This isn't sustainable.

If MYP offered 7 seats I would have upgraded months ago.

Figured I would come back and update a few things that we learned along the way-

Ordered MYLR MSM 7 Seat/Black Interior/Induction/No Tow/No FSD on 9/17/2021. Profile completed same day- cash, no trade, etc. At the time, we also uploaded *current* vehicle insurance. Original EDD at time of order per Tesla order creation page was "March 2022". EDD bounced around may times up until Feb 2022. On Feb 17 received a phone call from Tesla sales office locally asking if we had a trade in- told them no. Associate that called let us know that typically they get a list that will have vehicles being delivered within the next 30 days and they follow up on trades. He looked at the profile, said everything was complete- saw we had uploaded insurance and set everything to cash- important for later. At that point we set our sights high for a 30 day or less count down. Bad move.

By the beginning of March, our edd went from a March delivery (west coast end of quarter push) to a Mid June -July delivery. Edd updated after about a week at the further date. Phone calls following up with the local SA showed a March 15 roll off the line production date. March 15 came and went- and we were pushed to end of March. Then dates started to be two week dates- that kept getting pushed every time we got close, or were in the first day of the two week period. I watched people with identical orders placed after us get their cars- in the same area. Nothing was different- color, seats, fsd.....nothing. One day while checking the source code for the VIN- I stumbled across the fact that the insurance we uploaded at time of order (almost 6 months ago) had expired from the time it was entered (Jan 2022 exp date) and the new information we had wasn't showing in the system. The previous call from the SA in Feb he did note that there was insurance but nothing was said about it being expired, either they didn't think anything of it or the system wasn't showing it as an issue. After a call to our local office, we had them update the insurance we uploaded for our old car to the current unexpired dates as a just in case "gut feeling"- and within about a day or two (cant remember) we had a vin. I don't know if that was what was holding us up- but in case it helps solve someone else's mystery, I figured I would pass along the info. We all know that the algorithm is a blast.......

From VIN to delivery at home was fairly uneventful. Upload stuff as soon as it asks you and it is pretty easy. Despite having all of these "checklists" we honestly went around the car and just looked over it normally. The checklists are nice to go through in my opinion before hand to have things in mind to keep an eye out for (screens, chargers, condensation, etc) but they aren't an end all. You have 100 miles or 72 hours after accepting delivery to address any issues. Our service center does a predelivery inspection so they can address anything that may be off spec- but I don't know how other areas handle deliveries. Quality at end of quarter for us was a non-issue. Hopefully this helps someone.

I live very close to the Fremont factory, 9/2 Hold remove date, PC date 9/30 (original OD 5/29!!). Still haven’t received my car after being kicked out of two 2-week EDDs in March. Right now sitting with an EDD of 4/20-5/25. I really hope this 2nd quarter, we get our cars
We are on parallel lanes...same order date, same kicked out of 2 two week windows, and same current EDD with only a one shift.

Reactions: rsb290
Figured I would come back and update a few things that we learned along the way-

Ordered MYLR MSM 7 Seat/Black Interior/Induction/No Tow/No FSD on 9/17/2021. Profile completed same day- cash, no trade, etc. At the time, we also uploaded *current* vehicle insurance. Original EDD at time of order per Tesla order creation page was "March 2022". EDD bounced around may times up until Feb 2022. On Feb 17 received a phone call from Tesla sales office locally asking if we had a trade in- told them no. Associate that called let us know that typically they get a list that will have vehicles being delivered within the next 30 days and they follow up on trades. He looked at the profile, said everything was complete- saw we had uploaded insurance and set everything to cash- important for later. At that point we set our sights high for a 30 day or less count down. Bad move.

By the beginning of March, our edd went from a March delivery (west coast end of quarter push) to a Mid June -July delivery. Edd updated after about a week at the further date. Phone calls following up with the local SA showed a March 15 roll off the line production date. March 15 came and went- and we were pushed to end of March. Then dates started to be two week dates- that kept getting pushed every time we got close, or were in the first day of the two week period. I watched people with identical orders placed after us get their cars- in the same area. Nothing was different- color, seats, fsd.....nothing. One day while checking the source code for the VIN- I stumbled across the fact that the insurance we uploaded at time of order (almost 6 months ago) had expired from the time it was entered (Jan 2022 exp date) and the new information we had wasn't showing in the system. The previous call from the SA in Feb he did note that there was insurance but nothing was said about it being expired, either they didn't think anything of it or the system wasn't showing it as an issue. After a call to our local office, we had them update the insurance we uploaded for our old car to the current unexpired dates as a just in case "gut feeling"- and within about a day or two (cant remember) we had a vin. I don't know if that was what was holding us up- but in case it helps solve someone else's mystery, I figured I would pass along the info. We all know that the algorithm is a blast.......

From VIN to delivery at home was fairly uneventful. Upload stuff as soon as it asks you and it is pretty easy. Despite having all of these "checklists" we honestly went around the car and just looked over it normally. The checklists are nice to go through in my opinion before hand to have things in mind to keep an eye out for (screens, chargers, condensation, etc) but they aren't an end all. You have 100 miles or 72 hours after accepting delivery to address any issues. Our service center does a predelivery inspection so they can address anything that may be off spec- but I don't know how other areas handle deliveries. Quality at end of quarter for us was a non-issue. Hopefully this helps someone.

Wow. Had exact same specs as you with 9/7/21 OD. I kept reading about "uploading insurance" on TMC but my profile never had anywhere to upload it but maybe that's a CA vs NV thing?

My order probably was delayed significantly due to listening to Tesla's SAs who told me through December NOT to complete lease application until VIN was received... I asked numerous times if there was anything else I needed to do and was told "No, you're fine. Your car will be here in January"... only to get bumped to June due to profile not being complete because the lease application was pending. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: ebNautilus
Wait. What??? I thought you could only schedule delivery date when the car was on its way to the DC.
so similar stuff with me today. Got a call from tesla saying that my car wasn't yet in LA even though i was asked to schedule a delivery date on Friday 3/25 for delivery Tuesday 3/29 after getting the VIN on 3/21. Now they pushed delivery date to 3/30.
Communication sucks.