Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got pushed to my 3rd two week August 21- September 4. Going to be right up to the year mark now. At least I don't have to stress about it being delivered when I'm out of town this weekend.
On September 17, 2022, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19. On 7/15, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
August 10, 2022 > new EDD 10: August 22 to September 19

Last edited:
On September 17, 2022, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19. On 7/15, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
August 10, 2022 > new EDD 10: August 22 to September 19
So you ordered it next month? Back to the future.

11 months, 2 days from order to delivery. (Sept. 9 - Aug. 11)
13 delivery windows.

2022-08-11 13.23.07.jpg

An update on the MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in) ordered 9/17 from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay area. It has now been 338 days i.e. 11 months and 4 days !
Today 8/21, two days into my second 2-weeks window EDD#18, I got a new 'update' EDD#19, yet another 2-weeks window 8/25 to 9/4. EDD#19 is delayed by 5 days as compared to EDD#18. EDD#19 is my 3rd 2-weeks window after EDD#16 and EDD#18; EDD#17 was a 4-weeks window. Still no VIN.

An update on the MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in) ordered 9/17 from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay area. It has now been 338 days i.e. 11 months and 4 days !
Today 8/21, two days into my second 2-weeks window EDD#18, I got a new 'update' EDD#19, yet another 2-weeks window 8/25 to 9/4. EDD#19 is delayed by 5 days as compared to EDD#18. EDD#19 is my 3rd 2-weeks window after EDD#16 and EDD#18; EDD#17 was a 4-weeks window. Still no VIN.
My EDD was pushed again this morning. I finally said screw it and added FSD.

My EDD was pushed again this morning. I finally said screw it and added FSD.
Today 8/22, I got a new EDD: a narrower 4-days windows EDD#20 (8/24 to 8/27) and a VIN. I has been 339 days since OD from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay Area, California.

Summary of the last EDD's
9/17/2021 > OD from Dublin CA, MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in)
+++++++++ wait and wait ++++++++++++++
5/1/2022> EDD#16: 8/11-9/22, 5-weeks window, delivery in Fremont
7/15 > EDD#17: 8/14-8/19, trade-in inquiry, 2-weeks window
8/10 > EDD#18: 8/22-9/19, 4-weeks window
8/21 > EDD#19: 8/25-9/3, 2-weeks window
8/22 > EDD#20: 8/24-8/27, 4 days window, and a VIN ! Could it be happening after 339 days (11 months and 5 days) post OD ?

Reactions: Stirfry
Today 8/22, I got a new EDD: a narrower 4-days windows EDD#20 (8/24 to 8/27) and a VIN. I has been 339 days since OD from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay Area, California.

Summary of the last EDD's
9/17/2021 > OD from Dublin CA, MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in)
+++++++++ wait and wait ++++++++++++++
5/1/2022> EDD#16: 8/11-9/22, 5-weeks window, delivery in Fremont
7/15 > EDD#17: 8/14-8/19, trade-in inquiry, 2-weeks window
8/10 > EDD#18: 8/22-9/19, 4-weeks window
8/21 > EDD#19: 8/25-9/3, 2-weeks window
8/22 > EDD#20: 8/24-8/27, 4 days window, and a VIN ! Could it be happening after 339 days (11 months and 5 days) post OD ?
That looks promising; can you share the 11th character in the VIN?

If it's an "A" it is from Austin, "F" is from Fremont. I suspect it will be an "F" as I have not heard of a 7 seater coming from Austin yet but you never know.

My MYLR was delivered today 8/23; it was scheduled for 8/24 but I got a call ‘can you get it today’ on the morning of the 8/23. The delivery was done at home by 2 drivers (sub-contracted by Tesla) that drove the car from Fremont (19 miles away) and took an Uber after dropping off the car. They did not know too much about Phone Key, etc.

The car was manufactured in Fremont 8/21 (as shown on the Tesla Service Center screen) i.e. 2 days before delivery,.

My total wait will have been 340 days or 11 months & 6 Days.

A few notes:
[1] There was NO Mobile Connector, even though the car was ordered almost a year ago. At the time of order, the car included a Mobile Connector free of charge. Today, there is only a J1172 adapter. At this moment, I cannot charge the car even though I installed a level2-capable receptacle.
[2] Close inspection of the car shows a number of flaws
[2.1] 6 body panel misalignments. The worst: the hatch door on the right hinge side is raised by 12mm with respect to the body; the front hood is sunk by 5mm (with respect to the body) in the front center, and raised by 5mm at the lefdt hinge
[2.2] the interior trim all around the windshield above the steering wheel is loose and flaps freely; I cannot move the sunscreen, as it would take the trim down with it.

I will go to Fremont tomorrow to see a course of action for the charger and the flaws. I cannot take the Tesla, as I have no way to charge it, and will rely on my trusted Leaf !

My MYLR was delivered today 8/23; it was scheduled for 8/24 but I got a call ‘can you get it today’ on the morning of the 8/23. The delivery was done at home by 2 drivers (sub-contracted by Tesla) that drove the car from Fremont (19 miles away) and took an Uber after dropping off the car. They did not know too much about Phone Key, etc.

The car was manufactured in Fremont 8/21 (as shown on the Tesla Service Center screen) i.e. 2 days before delivery,.

A few notes:
[1] There was NO Mobile Connector, even though the car was ordered almost a year ago. At the time of order, the car included a Mobile Connector free of charge. Today, there is only a J1172 adapter. At this moment, I cannot charge the car even though I installed a level2-capable receptacle.
[2.1] 6 body panel misalignments. The worst: the hatch door on the right hinge side is raised by 12mm with respect to the body; the front hood is sunk by 5mm (with respect to the body) in the front center, and raised by 5mm at the lefdt hinge
[2.2] the interior trim all around the windshield above the steering wheel is loose and flaps freely; I cannot move the sunscreen, as it would take the trim down with it.

I will go to Fremont tomorrow to see a course of action for the charger and the flaws. I cannot take the Tesla, as I have no way to charge it, and will rely on my trusted Leaf !
Geez. 12mm at the hatch? That's like the thickness of a phone. That's a massive bulge between two panels. 5mm is also HUGE for the hood.

Interior trim is probably just some clips that need reattached.

A few notes:

Can you share some pics of the flaws? Just want to see what to look for when time comes for pickup. Thx!!

RE '12mm at the hatch'. This seems to be a badly adjusted door: when closed the RHS upper part of the door is lower than the body, see the pic. No bid deal, but it should have been caught. My suggestion: just inspect the car thoroughly; the 'Service guy' said to pay attention to [1] the panels [2] the paint [3] the glass [4] the trim [5] scratches on the wheel.

Attachments

• My-hatch-door.jpg
    My-hatch-door.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 55

A few notes:

Did they give you a promo code at least for a charger?