Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was 9/17/2021 in Dublin for an MYLR Pearl white no financing & no trade-in. After waiting 11months + 5 days and 20 EDD’s, the car was delivered at home on 8/23/2022. Unfortunately, the car was full of cosmetic issues, the main ones being [1] a loose trim hanging above the steering wheel, [2] a badly mis-aligned front hoot, [3] a poorly adjusted RHS hatch door hinge and [4] a damaged paint chip on the hatch. The Mobile Connector MC included in the car order in September 2021 was not in the car. The car had been manufactured in Fremont and released on 8/21 but IMHO was NEVER properly inspected. Must have been an end-of-shift car.

On 8/24, I drove the car 18 miles back to Fremont, and had an ‘interesting’ conversation with sales. I loged five service requests, one for each major issues, then was redirected to the Service center on Kato Road. The service people [1] could not find any attachment fixture/clips for the trim and said it will need a new one [2] told me that the hood had to be adjusted by hand by ‘bending’ the soft aluminum [3] said that the RHS hatch hinge is often loose as the hatch attachment are asymmetrical, power on the LHS and strut on the RHS and [4] said that the hatch door will have to be repainted. A week later, on 9/1/2022 I got a call that my car was ready and went to pick it up. The issues [1] to [4] are more or less fixed, even though the paint job is far from being perfect. I also bought an MC adapter.

The good news is that I really like the car, even when compared to my previous early-Model S. Note that I also quite like the BYD’s that I have been driving overseas, that costs half the price of a loaded Model 3 Tesla!

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
My MYLR was probably the only Tesla on the road without a logo in the back. I went back to Fremont today (my 3rd trip so far) to have it affixed ;-)

Attachments

• NoLogoBack.jpg
    NoLogoBack.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 54
After 371 days waiting, we will pick up our Tesla on Sunday 9/11. No financing. I'm soo happy! 😂 I hope there are no damages while it gets delivered to the East Coast.

MYLR White/black -5 seats. OD Sept 05/21
EDD Feb-March; Aug 13-Sept 24; Oct2-Nov13; Sept 12-Oct17; Sept 6-Oct4; Sept13-Sept26; Sept 8- Sept 22; Sept 10-Sept14. Delivery date Sept 11
A nice surprise after I decided to Trade-in after CarMax and Tesla offered me the same amount. Now, Tesla is recalculating the total price of our MYLR and I see that it's $2K less because the sales tax is being reduced!
I didn't take this into account last year when we got the M3 and I sold the Subaru to Car-Max instead of Tesla. (the more you know ...)

Finally - we picked up the MYLR. Perfect - no scratches, nothing bad. Just perfect! We went to Mt Kisco in NY and customer service was great! I read so many horror stories, so my expectations were really low. But they helped us from the beginning till the end (we had a trade-in). Excellent. 6 miles in the odometer. We are sooo happy!! And no mobil charging cable - only the adapter. We got an email with a coupon code to order.