Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order date was Sept. 30, 2021 for a MY LR, Blue, std. 19" wheel, no FSD, no other options. Shortly after placing the order the EDD moved up to mid-Feb. to mid-Mar. Today the EDD moved back to March 11 - April 8. Actually, I prefer those later dates.

I am speculating that after seeing too many refusals by individuals to take delivery this year, may have made Tesla to focus on the Hertz order between now and the year end, which pushed many of those scheduled for delivery in December into January. Choice between an ice cream now or cake with an $8k cash back early next year. Both the tax rebate and the SALT exemption restoration can be be a nice welcome gift for many of us living in blue states.
I see conflicting Tesla theories.. Few days ago, there was note going around that Elon is requesting Tesla folks to work overtime and get deliveries for the end of quarter, then few days later there is another note from Elon saying he is not focusing on EOQ rush!!!!! :O

Not sure what Elon has in mind but all we can do is wait. I am also sure that Tesla is seeing lot of cars being put on hold this quarter due to EV Tax credit which might happen end of December and thats the reason all our December deliveries are pushed to Jan? I am sure all of us will appreciate Jan deliveries and get an $8k but on the other hand all of us would like to get the car now in December and enjoy the holiday season with it after such a long wait. Initially I wanted the EV credit but now I would be happy either way. :)

I generally check my EDD when I see posts here on moving early or late. Seeing the many posts with dates moving to 2022 by a month, I logged in to check mine too and it looks like Elon decided I would be better off with the rebate. I would have preferred to get my car in December, but it i not in my control. My new date is 10 January to 7 February. A date range like that means Tesla has no idea right now and so my EDD is in a placeholder. It is what it is. Might as well enjoy the EDD ride!
Yeah I agree. Whatever it is, it is.

Although, Some people pay good money for a roller coaster with this many ups and downs.

Also, This also could all just be a randomized algorithm changing dates to psychologically condition us all to be ecstatic when our cars actually arrives. Lol

I thought AUS production was going to be all 4680. You’re saying no production in AUS until late ‘22?

Austin will start by getting batteries from same source as Fremont. Battery cell area in Austin not yet online. Austin should start shipping production vehicles early ‘22.
I don't believe anyone outside of Tesla knows the true story on when we can actually take delivery of a Model Y with the 4680 cells. The Tesla Kato Rd. facility in Fremont has been producing 4680 batteries for the past few months, but not in massive quantities that the gigafactories will be capable of producing in the future. At the company’s Q3 2021 earnings call in early October, Tesla senior VP Drew Baglino said that first vehicles with 4680 cells would be delivered in early 2022. It appears that given the Austin Model Y production rate will start off slow then ramp up during the course of 2022, it may be possible the supply of batteries from the Kato Rd. plant will be sufficient to meet the quantities needed for the Austin built Model Y's until their own battery production begins sometime during 2022.

Got a nasty text from Tesla

Action Needed - We still haven't received your selected delivery appointment, please select your Model Y delivery appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxx

We understand timing is important to you. If you do not select a delivery appointment by this afternoon, this vehicle will move on to the next customer.

Reply to this message if you need assistance

Picking up in 5 hours! Any good check lists?

Reactions: pgcoco and Tararua
You say based on data on this forum. I believe this is right. The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
My OD - 9/5, changed Color Red 9/8, Tow hitch, No FSD, Sacramento Area.
We have almost the same order date, and my EDD moved forward from 12/24 - 12/31 to 12/15 - 31. The window got wider and earlier. I can't think of a reason why, other than they expect delays from people ahead of me. But that doesn't track with others in CA getting their dates pushed back. Puzzling.

Got a nasty text from Tesla

Action Needed - We still haven't received your selected delivery appointment, please select your Model Y delivery appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxx

We understand timing is important to you. If you do not select a delivery appointment by this afternoon, this vehicle will move on to the next customer.

Reply to this message if you need assistance

Picking up in 5 hours! Any good check lists?
Is a few, someone here once recommended teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep Go ahead and google Telsa Model Y delivery checklist, will be a few.

Reactions: MY-user
We have almost the same order date, and my EDD moved forward from 12/24 - 12/31 to 12/15 - 31. The window got wider and earlier. I can't think of a reason why, other than they expect delays from people ahead of me. But that doesn't track with others in CA getting their dates pushed back. Puzzling.
Yeah I know what you mean. I was all ready for picking up my car last week of December. A friend of mine ordered mid August and his EDD is Jan mid to Feb 31. I wondered how come mine is before him but then he has a different configuration. But now mine moved in the same time frame.
You never know tomorrow it moves in December. lol.

Picked up my MYLR yesterday. Here's my experience:

- The staff is not interested in helping you. Alway rushed to their workstations even though the place was empty.
- The mechanic didn't really check the car. A few short excuses about meeting the standards event though I found 3 items that required an appointment with the SC.
- Bring a good check list. Even though you might not be able to verify every single item it's still helpful.

Overall, we are thrilled with the car. It's a rapidly evolving technology with a lot of room for improvement but totally worth it even at this stage!

Last edited: