Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the bill stays the way it is written now, my MYLR in white with towing and white interior will put it over the limit of $55k so no rebate for me. The only config that would get the rebate would be a base MYLR with no options. Add anything to the order and you lose the rebate. Of course, this is contingent on the bill remaining the same. Who knows.
MY is classified as an SUV so you have up to $65k I believe.

Woohoo, that’s awesome. That’ll be a sweet end of year purchase!
I’m 99% sure it’ll get pushed to 2022 since it’s currently the last week of the year. If not I’ll defer it until next year anyways since I definitely want a ‘22 VIN and get and possible tax credits. Plus the car that it’s replacing is a lease isn’t getting retuned until April so I definitely don’t need it yet.

From what I've read, it's$55k for a "sedan" $65k for a "truck." I don't think the MY counts as a truck. I guess we will have to wait for the final bill language.
I agree things could change but there does seem to be an SUV class with a higher limit, $69k for SUVs (slightly higher than my memory previously) and $74k for trucks. So as currently written the MY qualifies as long as you don’t add options pushing the MSRP over that limit.

Build quality and shell material is of poor quality. Many people who pay $70K for a Tesla expect a Lexus or Audi quality and luxury. The money you pay goes for the battery and technology. Due to lack of competition, there is no incentive for Tesla to focus on quality. In 4 years time when the market grows, one can expect Tesla to protect market share by improving quality.
Ah understood! EDD was just updated today for our MY LR White, 7 seats, 19”!

Estimated Delivery: December 23 - December 31​

Last edited:
Reactions: carlos916 and BTVev
So this is what the EV Tax credit says: -
Now the Big question here Is MYLR, a SUV? Definitely not a Sedan, not a complete SUV either. What bucket does it fall under?

Senate vs. House versions of EV tax credit reform - data from ZETA, compiled by GCR
The Tesla Model Y is considered a SUV based on what I’ve read. I looked into it a few weeks back and while I can certainly see why some may consider it a sedan, I believe that’s the correct designation based on rear hatch, driving position and higher ground clearance compared to a traditional sedan.

The Tesla Model Y is considered a SUV based on what I’ve read. I looked into it a few weeks back and while I can certainly see why some may consider it a sedan, I believe that’s the correct designation based on rear hatch, driving position and higher ground clearance compared to a traditional sedan.
I agree with you as well. I would consider MYLR as an SUV as well.

So just for the sake of discussion, what if we all get delivery message by the end of October, is everyone going to pick up their car or wait for the bill to pass?
I’d be tempted to wait, I ordered banking on an early ‘22 delivery. The stimulus change factored into the decision making just slightly but we have a second functional car… it’s just super old and my wife’s ready for an upgrade, but makes the purchase non-urgent. All that being said I can’t say 100% what I’d do… I’m pretty obsessed and would love to start driving it asap. Or at the very least I’d take a EDD, any EDD would do, lol.

Reactions: Tararua
If the bill stays the way it is written now, my MYLR in white with towing and white interior will put it over the limit of $55k so no rebate for me. The only config that would get the rebate would be a base MYLR with no options. Add anything to the order and you lose the rebate. Of course, this is contingent on the bill remaining the same. Who knows.

Read deeper - there's higher price thresholds for SUV's. Most MYLR would qualify (order FSD later)

So just for the sake of discussion, what if we all get delivery message by the end of October, is everyone going to pick up their car or wait for the bill to pass?
The bills are now being targeted to be passed by 31st October. So in less than a month we will know if there is a rebate, and if so how much. If my delivery is 1-15 December, I will take it. If 15-31st December, I am inclined to wait and take delivery in January, especially if I am going to be leaving a few thousand dollars of rebates on the table. Tesla could help by doing a free lease for 2 weeks while taking the money but not doing the sales booking until 1st of January 2022. That way Tesla does not end up with thousands of cars for delivery with no takers.

Reactions: Tararua
Hate to beat a dead horse. I ordered my LR Y sept 8 2021. Was anticipating January but last two week it had a EDD of sept 25-30 (got really excited yet no vin). Then last week dates were pushed back to Oct 5-15. No big deal. This week that EDD was no longer there. I hate how Tesla got our hopes up so soon and then took it away. I even applied and got approved for the loan because of the early EDD. Also jumped the gun and ordered a whole bunch of accessories. Now with the deleted EDD we’re kind of bummed out.