Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Krobbler First world problem? Yes. Did the website, my SA, and the store employee all day 3-4 weeks was realistic when I ordered 9/1? Yes. Did many people who ordered around my date already get their Teslas? Yes. Am I thankful I am not coming out of a lease or in dire need of a vehicle? Absolutely. Will I keep complaining? Yep.
Is my mother-in-law impatiently waiting to buy my Acura RDX that I plan to use as a downpayment on the MYP? Yes.

• Funny
Reactions: night_fury
Should I move back, I will be unable to afford a home in Melbourne. Crazy prices. My son and his wife too moved to the US, but settled in the bay area. I would love to spend a month or two on vacation in Melbourne but not move back. Driving a Tesla on the great ocean road would really thrilling in FSD mode. It is more than a couple of decades since I left, and this is home now:) I don't see house prices coming down much in global metro cities including Melbourne, London, Shanghai, NYC etc. Too many wealthy people are willing to buy houses at ever higher prices. A suburb, close to a large metro city is a nice affordable choice. Since our plans are long term, I went for a Tesla WC. One advantage of this charging option is that one can run 2 Tesla WCs on a single set of set of wires, should we decide to ditch our second ICE as well.

I didn't realize you were a bona fide Victorian/Australian! Yes, NZ has well followed Sydney and then Melbourne in house prices. I hate Auckland, so no worries there, but Wellington and Christchurch aren't much better cost-wise. Love Dunedin, which is cheaper, but also smaller. We're here at least until 2025 I think, and will see after that. I used to get home at least once a year, but Covid has halted that. Will enjoy my Model Y in the interim... I still think/suspect that most early-mid September MYLR orders will end up being scheduled for December. I have no real idea what's happening inside the sausage factory with regards the EV tax credit, but it seems to be becoming more likely that the credit as well as the vehicle cost and income threshold are all going to be reduced substantially. I'm increasingly skeptical that MY buyers will see much money from it at all. Hope I'm wrong...

i was initially told to select financing closer to delivery date by SA as loan applications are only valid for 60 days
I guess the 60 day time frame for delivery is more like 6-9 months now. Everyone has a smaller workforce and demand which is hard to meet. It will take 2 years for the supply chain to come back to normal. Could be longer if the virus mutates and more of the workforce prefers not to work in high contact jobs. The 60+ workforce has shriveled very fast. If the $300 per child per month child care payment with no work requirements gets passed, the workforce will shrink even faster. So more price increases and more delays are in store for the future.

I think November sees a ton of MYP deliveries but appreciate your frustration. I would be so pissed to go 3-4 week estimate to 3-4 month actual, somehow still get 2021 AND miss possible tax credit.
I am also in the Kansas City area (Independence, MO actually) and have an MYLR with an EDD that is exactly one day later than yours on both the front and back end of the EDD. Guessing our cars will be "transport buddies".

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Not sure what you mean by the "summer tire issue". Please explain.
The MYP comes with 21” wheels and summer tires. Even if delivered in January. The wheel tire options on the MYLR are different. Many people who buy the MYP buy tires or a wheel/tire set ahead of time to swap the summers out. I have joked that I will have my mobile installer meet me in the Tesla parking lot on day of delivery.

The MYP comes with 21” wheels and summer tires. Even if delivered in January. The wheel tire options on the MYLR are different. Many people who buy the MYP buy tires or a wheel/tire set ahead of time to swap the summers out. I have joked that I will have my mobile installer meet me in the Tesla parking lot on day of delivery.
I have the 19 inch Geminis on my MYLR and don't plan on changing them out.

Ordered our MYLR on 1 September. Black 7-Seater w/20" inductions. No FSD Was initially showing EDD of 25 January. It just got pushed back to Feb 20-March 22 unfortunately.
Ditto, kind of... ordered in first week of Sept, White 7 seater with white seats, 19" stock rims... no FSD... originally was early December, moved to end of December, now its jan 25th - feb 27th.

Makes me think my delivery date will likely move again, as you ordered before me and actually chose a more expensive model (wheels). will also say its Tesla's loss, as if I knew I would have been waiting until March, I would have just bought the performance... but now its moot, and even if I get a performance I know its going to be January.

Great car, deplorable transparency in forecasting lol...

nice. I am 1 day after you, but my date is still likely to 2 months later in February. California deliveries get special treatment particularly quarter ends.
You know if you closely observe these EDDs don't make sense at all.
You are a day behind me in ordering and your EDD is in Feb. I saw few others who ordered before me and their EDD is in January and yet mine is revolving in November and sometimes December.
And not only that I have seen people got their cars earlier than usual even for folks who ordered after us. So deliveries depends on location and what Elon wants :) Maybe color plays a role in it too, I haven't seen Red color getting VINs here on the board recently.