Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because it's physically hard to drive 600 miles doesn't mean 300 miles is an acceptable range forlong distance trips.

+ On a super busy gas station having 4 or 5 cars in front of you will waste 25 minutes of your time.
- Having 4 or 5 EVs in front of you means you need to find a hotel.
Obviously, you haven't had an EV before. I've been driving EVs with 230+ mile ranges for 5 years now and I have had no real issues with long distance trips, especially in my Telsa. I guess it would be a problem if some maniacal evil genius was holding my wife hostage 600 miles away and gave me 10 hours to get there or he would start torturing her, but 99.99% of the time, that isn't the case. Charging rates 150kw and greater are a game changer. I regularly do a 550+ mile round trip to my inlaws house and I may charge for 10 or so mins at the halfway point which gives me time to stretch my legs, hit a bathroom, and grab a snack. I start with 90% of charge and arrive with 25% of charge. When I get to my in-laws, sometime during the visit, I stop at a Supercharger about 15 mins away and let it charge to 90% for the ride home while we go to dinner at a restaurant in town. On the way home, another 10 min or so of charging. I could likely not stop if I wanted to be rolling home with less than 10% of charge. On the 10 hour drive, it costs me about 15-20 mins extra that I wouldn't have in an ICE car. BUT I would likely still have that extra 15-20 mins anyway so I could stop to stretch my legs on the 5 hour legs up and back in an ICE car. Heck, an ICE car that gets 35MPG with a 12 gallon fuel tank only has 420 miles of range.

It just occurred to me...Why are we having a range and charging debate in the 'September Delivery Dates' thread? Isn't there an entire forum for this?

Reactions: 82bert
Well, we're all moving up together, which hasn't happened before (up until now, changes seem to have been entirely random). I'll take it as a promising sign. Funnily, I had a test drive MY over the weekend, and returning it Monday morning, this pulled into St. Paul-Maplewood Tesla behind me. It was tantalizing to see, especially as there were two blue MYs on there. Drove away feeling like January was forever away...

0.jpg

Oh wow...that is a good sign. We ordered on the same day, maybe I get that sign soon too :)
But my EDD changed closer again this morning, Dec 24-Dec 31
Being in Cali, you will probably get yours closer to the end of December since Tesla tends to push Cali deliveries to the end of quarters due to logistics. I expect that if my EDD holds, delivery will be in early December since east coast cars get sent out earlier because they a longer shipment time.

One thing worth noting is, I made it a thing to create a relationship with my SA. I would text him every once in a while checking in, asking him silly questions, whatever I had to do to keep myself top of mind. And it worked! He hit me up telling me he found me a car and is working on getting it assigned to me. Reach out to your SA, create that relationship. Stay top of mind!

Reactions: 45thParallel
BOYS! I woke up to my delivery date moving up about 20 days.

I was in the middle of a work phone call when I got an email. Decided to look at my notification screen and what do I know!!!! I just got my VIN. It is a MF, sadly, which is a 2021 model, but whatever. Give me my Model Y!!
Congratulations man! Delivery for order from 9/14 is amazing, that too California. Lucky guy!

• Love
Reactions: OmarL