Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would totally pay $1,000 to get a regular wheel if it came with the yoke. I always looked as being open minded, but the yoke is definitely not on my wish list. Having said that... it does look cool!

Changing back the subject to Austin, I have mixed feelings about it. My EDD is Jan-Feb, so that would likely mean getting one from the early batch, which could potentially have more QA issues than Fremont. Who knows?

One think is for sure, this is a very different car buying experience. I love the fact it is online, no salesman hassle, no negotiation, but then it is like you are in a lottery. No one really knows anything and you just wait for months. This is crazy at this price tag.
Concerning Austin MY build quality from an early batch, 'could potentially have more QA issues...:. If if's were but's, hope's were butterflies, My new MY would come perfect off the very first line of actual manufacturing, ie not for testing. But what if the truck that it's on get's into an accident?

'and you wait just for months. This is crazy at this price tag'... Welcome to supply and demand 101. On a larger scale, vote to send more manufacturing everything back to America!, edit, just noticed you're from Canada so vote how you wish... I waited 7, SEVEN, months for a USA 'built' LazyBoy rocker/recliner. Seems they had some supply constraints/issues with some foam coming from....guess where.

So with the EDD window, do most folks actually get a VIN within that time period, or does it just get pushed back? I have an OD of 9/19 MYLR to Portland,OR with an EDD of Dec23-31. Once you get the VIN, is the pickup window usually within the EDD or just after? (No VIN yet, trying not to get hopes up if the dates are just going to be pushed back again.)

So with the EDD window, do most folks actually get a VIN within that time period, or does it just get pushed back? I have an OD of 9/19 MYLR to Portland,OR with an EDD of Dec23-31. Once you get the VIN, is the pickup window usually within the EDD or just after? (No VIN yet, trying not to get hopes up if the dates are just going to be pushed back again.)
I was looking at some older posts, and it seems once the VIN is assigned, its 5 days or maybe less to take delivery. I did the VIN search in the source code on my order page, but currently nothing is listed. My EDD is Dec 25 - 31, so I actually expected it to be there, hah. At this rate my Rivian R1S order is going to come through before the MYP (hyperbole off).

My EDD has been pulled up to December and then subsequently pushed back to March three times so far 🤷

Ok. I’m going to jinx it and you all will say I told you so but… my EDD has been incredibly stable compared to most here. OD 9/14 with FEB EDD. It briefly shifted 3 weeks early for a short stretch then back to late JAN - mid FEB. 🤷‍♂️

Well apparently I have angered the Tesla EDD gods as they bumped me from Dec23-31 to Jan29-Feb28. I agree with you in the financial planning department, it’s really annoying to keep pushing out the financing. By the time it actually shows up I may no longer even need the financing. Sigh.
I know what you mean. This experience is so frustrating. Being in CA I was hoping to get the car before New Years but doesn't look like its going to happen. I have been refreshing my app every half hour these days hoping to get some good news and every time it ends in disappointment.