Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
same here.. my pre approval expires at the end of this month and this is with an extension, now i have to re apply with another hit on my credit even though it wont be an issue.. its just annoying situation when you have to keep going back to the bank every 2 months to re apply like some dummy..😑
Call your SA and get it changed to Cash, this way they don't do a credit check on you all the time. Change it to financing when you get your VIN? That's what I did.

Call your SA and change payment method to cash. When you get a VIN, you can change back to loan.

Call your SA and get it changed to Cash, this way they don't do a credit check on you all the time. Change it to financing when you get your VIN? That's what I did.

sorry... i should of mentioned that im financing through my local credit union. but this time i will hold off on re applying unitll i get a vin.. credit/ income is no problem just dont like the hard pulls on my record 😬

sorry... i should of mentioned that im financing through my local credit union. but this time i will hold off on re applying unitll i get a vin.. credit/ income is no problem just dont like the hard pulls on my record 😬
Im in the same boat. My credit union rate expires Friday. The credit pull sucks, but less of a worry. My EDD is Dec 28-31 and still no VIN.

BTW I’ve never had an SA like most of you talk about. I’ve spoken to a CS rep a couple times but never a direct point of contact. Is it a location based thing?

Im in the same boat. My credit union rate expires Friday. The credit pull sucks, but less of a worry. My EDD is Dec 28-31 and still no VIN.

BTW I’ve never had an SA like most of you talk about. I’ve spoken to a CS rep a couple times but never a direct point of contact. Is it a location based thing?
I’ve got the exact same EDD as you. What is your cars config? Mine is Midnight Silver, black and white, 20” inductions, 5 seat and now tow.

Even if you get your VIN, don’t get too excited. I received a VIN around 12/17 for one of the two cars I ordered in early September. Then, a week and a half later, the VIN disappeared and the EDD changed to a month later! In mid-December, my SA told me, “you can count on it, Elon will move heaven and earth to get you that car by the end of the year.“ I think Elon was busy working on his other project, SpaceX. The lesson for me is, stop logging into my Tesla app and just wait for the call. None of the info in the app, either the EDD or the VIN, is reliable. I sure hope the car experience is better than the EDD experience! It felt really good to vent a bit lol.

same here.. my pre approval expires at the end of this month and this is with an extension, now i have to re apply with another hit on my credit even though it wont be an issue.. its just annoying situation when you have to keep going back to the bank every 2 months to re apply like some dummy..😑
tell them you'll pay in cash, then once you get a VIN/Tesla asks for money you can switch from cash and "...re apply like...."

Reactions: BGOwner
Have Model S60 2013, waited 2 years or so. So this is nothing to me lol. Funny to watch this thread but excited for an eventual delivery. I love Tesla and they can change my delivery 100 times and I still won't care

I don't mind the changing EDD either although I prefer delivery later rather than sooner so that my chances of getting the upcoming improvements are more likely. I may even keep the current Model Y for a short while and then trade for a longer range 4680 version.

VIN assigned! 51581🎉🎉🎉

And just like that, I got my VIN this morning! Woohoo! Man, talk about cutting it close with the ACH funding, hah. All's well that ends well :)
Dang! Congrats guys! How pissed would y'all be right now if BBB had passed?

I should have taken delivery in CA and driven home cross county. Still stuck in June jail.