Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing, for a 9/17 OD. Congratulations. Enjoy your car.
Seriously, that post gives me some hope. I stopped by the dealer yesterday just to check in with my SA and was given nothing useful.

“Shortage in materials” here…. “Demand to high” there…. I mean all the classic excuses. And I wasn’t even pressuring them. All I asked was if they were seeing any cancellations Model Ys that were at the dealer every now and then.

My EDD is still rock solid, so we’ll see what’s up. Another month and a half to go.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Seriously, that post gives me some hope. I stopped by the dealer yesterday just to check in with my SA and was given nothing useful.

“Shortage in materials” here…. “Demand to high” there…. I mean all the classic excuses. And I wasn’t even pressuring them. All I asked was if they were seeing any cancellations Model Ys that were at the dealer every now and then.

My EDD is still rock solid, so we’ll see what’s up. Another month and a half to go.
Interesting that you have an EDD... most other florida orders got pushed to June. Are you in the panhandle ?

Tesla made over 300k cars against a market expectation of 265. Where are the cars? I am guessing Shanghai is churning out cars, and Fremont is the laggard. Their inability to make more MYLR over MYP due to the much higher demand for MYLR means they have to sell MYP's for a $5k discount and issue VIN in the same month as the booking. Until Austin comes on time, no one at Tesla knows what they can supply beyond end of February. So those who have a June EDD, you will need to wait until next month to know your real EDD. Increasingly they are just pushing everyone beyond February delivery into the June "parking lot".

Reactions: DrGriz
I had posted that I was expecting a change in my VIN by Monday. In the morning when I checked my VIN twice there was no change. After reading in the August OD thread of changes in EDD, I looked up again and my EDD has moved ahead by 9 days. But the EDD window has reduced from 28 days to 11 days. This is the second time, I have a 10-11 day EDD window. How do I feel? I would have been much more happy with a 1 Feb to 10 Feb or something later just so that I can increase my chance of getting an AMD chip and Li-ion battery. There is so much snow on the ground here and cold (Maximum -4F today and night is -22 F) and I am apprehensive learning to drive my Tesla with its regenerative braking. I currently drive a Hybrid, but I can switch off the Hybrid mode and moreover, its regenerative braking is very mild. Anyway, I will find out if an old dog can still learn new tricks:)

Tesla made over 300k cars against a market expectation of 265. Where are the cars? I am guessing Shanghai is churning out cars, and Fremont is the laggard. Their inability to make more MYLR over MYP due to the much higher demand for MYLR means they have to sell MYP's for a $5k discount and issue VIN in the same month as the booking. Until Austin comes on time, no one at Tesla knows what they can supply beyond end of February. So those who have a June EDD, you will need to wait until next month to know your real EDD. Increasingly they are just pushing everyone beyond February delivery into the June "parking lot".
I'd wager to guess that the majority of people who have ordered a Tesla are not on this forum, and a majority who are on this forum are not on the spreadsheet tracker. I had to fuel up yesterday, saw a MY parked in front of the gas station. Asked how long he had his car, he said: about 6 weeks, loves it, will never go back, you'll love it too, yea at first it was a bit frustrating waiting for so long but that all disappeared within the first mile of driving it. Some people are getting their orders, just not you and me, for now.

I'd wager to guess that the majority of people who have ordered a Tesla are not on this forum, and a majority who are on this forum are not on the spreadsheet tracker. I had to fuel up yesterday, saw a MY parked in front of the gas station. Asked how long he had his car, he said: about 6 weeks, loves it, will never go back, you'll love it too, yea at first it was a bit frustrating waiting for so long but that all disappeared within the first mile of driving it. Some people are getting their orders, just not you and me, for now.
I know I will like it, I am just apprehensive learning to drive a car with such high acceleration in the dead of winter. I think in the long term it is just a matter of adjusting to a change. In the short term it will be comparison of the new car with the current car. I am going to miss out on many luxury features of my current car such as overhead display, air-cooled and heated perforated leather seats, much nicer auto adjusting headlights, home link ( I ordered one), large tires that never get curb rash, surround 365 camera while reversing, kick open/close rear door, head lights auto cleaning system etc. But I will certainly also see change from a dead infotainment system to the best in class one. I remain very excited no doubt.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I just checked my EDD again today.

9/30 order MYLR White/White, FSD

Original EDD ~April 2022
Changed to June 2022
Changed to December 19-29 with VIN assignment around Thanksgiving
VIN removed around Christmas (with no contact from Tesla), and EDD changed back to June 2022
New EDD today is January 20-26 with VIN assignment

Delivery location is Tysons Corner, VA

I'm not convinced this EDD will hold either unless I am contacted by Tesla in the next couple of days. My Sales Advisor didn't respond to a text I sent him in November, and I didn't bother to follow up again.

Update. I went to the Buena Park service center to get some answers. They said that they see a more accurate EDD on their end than we do. So as of now, they say my EDD is Feb 13th. My account says Feb 11- Mar 11. So only time time will tell how accurate it is.

OD- 9/21
BLACK INTERIOR
BLACK EXTERIOR
20 Inch Wheels
NO FSD
NO TOW
ANAHEIM, CA

E61AAA5D-F481-4FD4-8E60-3F76DC619585.jpeg

She’s all fixed up and looking great. Windows tinted tomorrow!