Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my VIN today. I thought I would have time until Sunday night to put a hold. But I am going to go ahead and accept it and complete next steps. My VIN is 7SAYGDEEXNF3556XX. Those whose dates moved to January, please be ready to get a VIN by next week. Those still waiting, you may well get the AMD chip, better battery, air cooled seats etc. You guys paid more so it is natural you will be getting much more updated models than mine. I am taking screen shots of everything. I will be happy to post my details after I go through the process.

Interesting seeing everyone’s EDD moving around so much. Mine has stayed at 2/3-3/3 since I first got an EDD about a month after my order date. I feel like I am missing out of all the excitement. Lol

FYI. When I ordered the website said April… so my current EDD is 2 months earlier than I was expecting when I put my order in. I would prefer to wait until April as my original plan so it will be interesting how this all plays out.

Would be nice to get all the rumored stuff(AMD, structural 4680, dual glazed rear windows, ventilated seats, etc). I think out of all the rumored improvements I would prefer at least the new AMD chip. I think this would help make the user experience more enjoyable and future proof the infotainment system. Everything else would be nice but not sure how much of a difference it would really make from the user experience.

Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, no FSD or tow, order date 9/6/2021
EDD has been flopping around - had stayed pretty constant at 1/18-2/11 but the window tightened this morning to 1/21-2/4. I will prob accept delivery assuming no obvious problems regardless of AMD v Intel etc.... but we'll see how I feel that day!

Reactions: 45thParallel
Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, no FSD or tow, order date 9/6/2021
EDD has been flopping around - had stayed pretty constant at 1/18-2/11 but the window tightened this morning to 1/21-2/4. I will prob accept delivery assuming no obvious problems regardless of AMD v Intel etc.... but we'll see how I feel that day!
You should get a VIN by Sunday night. My delivery date tightened and 3 days later got a VIN.

Reactions: FrancoNY
Interesting. You have the same configuration and same OD as mine. My EDD has been 1/9-1/23 since last week but I haven't received a VIN yet. Hope it comes soon!
I did not see your entry in the EDD tracker. Is your delivery in MN too? If you wish to enter your order anonymously, here is a link:
If your current EDD is in January, the dates are firm and anyone in the Midwest-East coast will be prioritized. End of quarter pacific northwest and west coast and surrounds. Which makes sense because Tesla does not want unsold inventory at quarter end.

I did not see your entry in the EDD tracker. Is your delivery in MN too? If you wish to enter your order anonymously, here is a link:
If your current EDD is in January, the dates are firm and anyone in the Midwest-East coast will be prioritized. End of quarter pacific northwest and west coast and surrounds. Which makes sense because Tesla does not want unsold inventory at quarter end.
Somehow my response was not there. I just added my info back in the tracker. I am located in Indiana so I should be in the same boat as yours!

Received my VIN today. I thought I would have time until Sunday night to put a hold. But I am going to go ahead and accept it and complete next steps. My VIN is 7SAYGDEEXNF3556XX. Those whose dates moved to January, please be ready to get a VIN by next week. Those still waiting, you may well get the AMD chip, better battery, air cooled seats etc. You guys paid more so it is natural you will be getting much more updated models than mine. I am taking screen shots of everything. I will be happy to post my details after I go through the process.
That's wonderful, congratulations! I thought that we might have been getting ours on the same truck, but no. I'm still waiting for any change to my EDDs. Hope they come soon. I'm just over the waiting, even though winter in MN is almost the worst time/pace in the country to receive a new EV... :)

After reading all the posts this morning I checked my account and--bingo!--my EDD moved up from 1/12-2/9 to 1/8 to 1/22, four days earlier and 15 days shorter.

No VIN yet, but a delivery window starting tomorrow is a bit scary. There were a bunch of one- and two-day deliveries in California over the last few weeks, and I'm only 70 miles from Fremont. I expect only a day or two between getting the VIN and the first delivery appointment. Of course, it could all change, but this feels like it is time to move the money around.

My OD was 9/11 with same configuration except no tow and they pushed me back from March-April to September over a month ago and it has been just sitting there without any movement. Sucks
I think they are removing East of the Mississippi river out of the Freemont queue to the Austin queue via a September parking lot. So you guys might be the first recipients of Giga Austin plant.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020