Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Same. Was Jan 9-Feb 7th and now April 4-May 2. Wtf? Aug 21’ order. Blue/black/tow/7 pass.

Worst is we had ours Dec 23 and was away. Told tesla to hold until the 29th and will take it! Was confirmed by tesla verbally. Within 2 days…VIN gone.

Arghhh

Last edited:
GAME OVER!! ELON DOES IT AGAIN!!

IT’S OFFICIAL!! This morning, using its INSANE exaFLOP supercomputer, which is capable of one quintillion floating-point operations persecond, or 1,000 petaFLOPS, Tesla’s crack delivery team today shortened my EDD by two days!

First, it determined that the space/time continuum prohibited delivery yesterday! Then, its advanced neural network learned that, because there is no VIN, my car actually doesn’t exist! So it also eliminated today as a potential delivery day! What’s even more impressive—this is the second time it has figured this all out!

Is it any wonder that the legacy automakers are wetting themselves in the face of this kind of awesome technology?

So looking at this from a different perspective now. Starting to see who has received a VIN from people that have the same exact base model I have ordered. I'm slightly annoyed to see an Oct date in there, but it seems like several late Julys... some early-mid Augusts. At that pace, I'm at the obvious... always been the case conclusion that all things equal I'm still just over a month away from a Model Y in my driveway.

1641927930835.png

Reactions: night_fury
I also need to move money around and am worried about having a short time to get it all done. I've started so I don't get caught by Tesla's unforgiving delivery schedule. My EDD window moved up a few days ago, so I was taken by surprise.

It seems the closer you are to Fremont the shorter the time between VIN and delivery. One guy in the Bay Area posted today he got a VIN yesterday and a delivery date for today (gulp). Las Vegas is an overnight truck ride from Fremont, so it could be a day or two or three. For folks in the east it is typically a train ride to Chicago or Birmingham, followed by a truck ride to the destination, so they have longer to plan. I would recommend having the money available timed to coincide with the start of your delivery window.

Also, my utility company requires a VIN in order to change to an EV rate plan, then there's shopping for insurance. A lot to do at the end of this ordeal.
I agree that there will be 'a lot' of things to do once VINs are assigned. In today's age, I've found moving money or going to your local bank/credit union to get a certified check takes about as long as a drive through. Insurance quotes are a few calls. I've got to schedule a Carmax sell, have a friend drive me to the delivery center do all the pickup paper work and drive back to the bank/credit union and deposit the check from my Carmax sell. The 'hectic' part will be setting in my new Y and setting up all the gizmos.

Last edited:
So looking at this from a different perspective now. Starting to see who has received a VIN from people that have the same exact base model I have ordered. I'm slightly annoyed to see an Oct date in there, but it seems like several late Julys... some early-mid Augusts. At that pace, I'm at the obvious... always been the case conclusion that all things equal I'm still just over a month away from a Model Y in my driveway.

View attachment 754654

My OD is 5th Sept 2021 for MYLR with EDD in Sept 2022. hope it is a glitch for the delivery system
What?! It is ridiculous. Should we ask the Tesla service if the EDD is miss allocated?

I actually ordered the car through a local service Tesla employee (the Fremont HQ show room specifically).
She was very responsive before I order the car and now she is very silent.

I originally ordered a Mach-E (in early July) to replace my 2017 Bolt which Chevy completed the buyback for in October. After hearing some of the stories with regard to the Ford and deciding the first year model year cars tend to be a pain, I went ahead and ordered my Model Y in September. As things stand right now, it looks like both the Ford and the Tesla will be here maybe next week. I was going to just give the Mach-E back to the dealer for them to gouge some unsuspecting customer on but now I'm considering taking both cars. Anyone interested in a Mach-E GT (not the Performance Edition one), with the pano roof and co-pilot stuff? :)