Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted for a home delivery and it turned very good. No waiting. Tesla SA sent text prior to arrival and at arrival. I had a heated stall with table and chair ready for paper work. It took no more than 5 minutes. He then spent 15 minutes setting up by car and helping set some key customizations . He brought the Tesla and drove back with our Lexus SUV trade in. Very smooth affair. I could not find any fault with the vehicle. I did see some light moisture in the head lamps. The Windchill was -20F. But after an hour it went away. I booked an appointment for mobile service to fix the homelink device. The Model YLR came with front mudguards and a front number plate too. As expected, 1/7 manufactured vehicle had an Intel chip but that never bothered me. I think the quality at Fremont is improving.
Congratulations! Looks amazing! What software version did it come with?

Reactions: 45thParallel
Hi 👋
MYLR5/White/Black/20"/no tow/no fsd

OD:9/11 PD:9/11
Edd 10/28: Jan 14-Feb 3
Edd 11/4: Jan 28-Feb 25
Edd 12/5: Jan 7-Feb 4
Edd 12/12: Jan 29-Feb26 (no change for a while)

Was originally going to order MYLR in July for a September delivery date, but waited for a delivery date in January because of the Clean Energy for America Act, now called the Build Back Better. So I placed my order in September for the January 2022 delivery date. Could have placed the order earlier and placed it on hold, but I didn't know I could, that would have saved me $$ when the price increased. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I opted for a home delivery and it turned very good. No waiting. Tesla SA sent text prior to arrival and at arrival. I had a heated stall with table and chair ready for paper work. It took no more than 5 minutes. He then spent 15 minutes setting up by car and helping set some key customizations . He brought the Tesla and drove back with our Lexus SUV trade in. Very smooth affair. I could not find any fault with the vehicle. I did see some light moisture in the head lamps. The Windchill was -20F. But after an hour it went away. I booked an appointment for mobile service to fix the homelink device. The Model YLR came with front mudguards and a front number plate too. As expected, 1/7 manufactured vehicle had an Intel chip but that never bothered me. I think the quality at Fremont is improving.
Congratulations!

Reactions: 45thParallel
Any 7 seater got their VIN yet? My EDD is Jan 21-Feb 18. I received a trade in text last week. Other than that… no update/ No VIN yet.
7 seater here… VIN received overnight, NF and 366XXX, confirmed to have the AMD chip. I’m unsure of delivery timing as I’m using Carrier Direct rather than picking up myself. I’ll update the tracker this evening and am super excited to be at the tail end of this process!

Hi all - 9/6 order date, MYLR, Blue, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD/tow

I ended up taking delivery yesterday 1/19. The car was immaculate both in and out.
Came with Intel chip and lead-acid battery which I knew about prior -- when I asked about whether I should give up the VIN in order to try and get the AMD and LION 12V battery, the delivery advisor said that it'd be fine to do that but she couldn't guarantee when the next VIN would come along (next week, next month, March?) and also couldn't guarantee that the next one would come with the AMD/LION, at least until Q2. So with all that, my excitement took over and I just took delivery.

My initial impressions (compared with M3LR which I traded in via KBB instant cash offer) -
- fit and finish out of Fremont definitely is getting better. The car is literally perfect as far as I can tell, and I looked hard for anything.
- Model Y definitely quieter. I do not think I have the double-paned rear windows but it's much quieter even without
- the car is definitely heavier and less nimble than the M3 - not a big deal and not super different, but it is noticeable.
- having a real trunk and having the button to close the hatch - so great.
- 2 annoying things which I guess are prob common knowledge but I did not know -- the 220V adapter for mobile connector no longer comes with the car, just the 110V. This seems like really really annoying penny-pinching by Tesla. Thankfully I was able to go back to the dealer where I traded in the M3 and swiped/exchanged the adapter so I can still charge off my 220V outlet in my garage.
- The other thing is that Homelink doesn't come with the car anymore. I actually find Homelink to be sort of annoying, but I can't believe on a $60K car you have to go back for a $300 retrofit. Ridiculous.

I will say that I called Tesla customer service to ask about the mobile connector adapter and told the agent that I thought it was ridiculous that a car that is meant to be charged with a 220 V adapter doesn't come with it, and he agreed... and then a little while later I got an email saying that my premium connectivity trial was extended from 30d to 1 year. Not sure if the two are connected but I am not sure why I would've gotten that otherwise...

Anyway - happy hunting for everyone still waiting.

Hi all - 9/6 order date, MYLR, Blue, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD/tow

I ended up taking delivery yesterday 1/19. The car was immaculate both in and out.
Came with Intel chip and lead-acid battery which I knew about prior -- when I asked about whether I should give up the VIN in order to try and get the AMD and LION 12V battery, the delivery advisor said that it'd be fine to do that but she couldn't guarantee when the next VIN would come along (next week, next month, March?) and also couldn't guarantee that the next one would come with the AMD/LION, at least until Q2. So with all that, my excitement took over and I just took delivery.

My initial impressions (compared with M3LR which I traded in via KBB instant cash offer) -
- fit and finish out of Fremont definitely is getting better. The car is literally perfect as far as I can tell, and I looked hard for anything.
- Model Y definitely quieter. I do not think I have the double-paned rear windows but it's much quieter even without
- the car is definitely heavier and less nimble than the M3 - not a big deal and not super different, but it is noticeable.
- having a real trunk and having the button to close the hatch - so great.
- 2 annoying things which I guess are prob common knowledge but I did not know -- the 220V adapter for mobile connector no longer comes with the car, just the 110V. This seems like really really annoying penny-pinching by Tesla. Thankfully I was able to go back to the dealer where I traded in the M3 and swiped/exchanged the adapter so I can still charge off my 220V outlet in my garage.
- The other thing is that Homelink doesn't come with the car anymore. I actually find Homelink to be sort of annoying, but I can't believe on a $60K car you have to go back for a $300 retrofit. Ridiculous.

I will say that I called Tesla customer service to ask about the mobile connector adapter and told the agent that I thought it was ridiculous that a car that is meant to be charged with a 220 V adapter doesn't come with it, and he agreed... and then a little while later I got an email saying that my premium connectivity trial was extended from 30d to 1 year. Not sure if the two are connected but I am not sure why I would've gotten that otherwise...

Anyway - happy hunting for everyone still waiting.
Thought the premium connectivity was for a year for basically all Sept orders? I'm sure I read that from Oct to recent orders will have only 30days. Did I misread the info? Hmmm

Thought the premium connectivity was for a year for basically all Sept orders? I'm sure I read that from Oct to recent orders will have only 30days. Did I misread the info? Hmmm
On teslas site, it says on or after Oct 15 2021 will recieve 30days trial. But doesn't say model y before that date. I'm assuming it's still a year

• Informative
Reactions: BGOwner
ordered a MYLR (white on white, otherwise standard base) back in late September 29th and it had an estimated delivery date of April 2022. Bumped to Feb 7 to March 7 sometime in November. Located on the east coast near DC.

hoping for 4680 batteries and the front casting out of Austin (if that happens this quickly), but we'll see.