Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD tightened from 4 weeks down to 2/3-2/17, bad news is I'm out of town until the later half of the window. Few questions:
(1) does tesla tend to deliver in the early half or later half
(2) I understand I can just ignore text and VIN will get reassigned after 3 days and I'll go back into the queue?
(3) if i reject VIN (see above) it can't be rejected again or my order will get canceled?
1) both, so can’t plan off of that.
2) not always a text so may reach out to you. But yea you would go back into queue, not sure if that counts as rejection…would assume it does
3) that is Tesla’s policy but some have been able to…YMMV

I just called the main Tesla support line (not our local store) and the rep was able to tell me CPU/battery (Ryzen and 12V li-ion), along with its status (in transit on a train) estimated to show up in Minnesota around 2/8.
Congratulations! Which SC are you taking delivery at? Are you doing a home delivery? I have had my car for 11 days now. What an amazing vehicle. The acceleration is mind blowing. I have now set up my homelink to automatically open when I am about to enter the drive way and automatically close when I drive out. I am playing with the autosteer and adaptive cruise control this week. Their technology is a decade ahead of other cars.

Congratulations! Which SC are you taking delivery at? Are you doing a home delivery? I have had my car for 11 days now. What an amazing vehicle. The acceleration is mind blowing. I have now set up my homelink to automatically open when I am about to enter the drive way and automatically close when I drive out. I am playing with the autosteer and adaptive cruise control this week. Their technology is a decade ahead of other cars.
I was going to do Maplewood for pick up as I was previously told I was just on the edge of their home delivery area, but the SA I’ve been working with since getting my VIN thought it was silly so she said “we’ll figure it out” and set me for home delivery. It was a pleasant surprise!

She was also able to tell it’s in transit and should be in MN around the 7th or 8th. Haven’t received the text to schedule delivery yet.

It’s finally feeling real!

EDD tightened from 4 weeks down to 2/3-2/17, bad news is I'm out of town until the later half of the window. Few questions:
(2) I understand I can just ignore text and VIN will get reassigned after 3 days and I'll go back into the queue?
(3) if i reject VIN (see above) it can't be rejected again or my order will get canceled?
I'm in somewhat of a similar situation. I was considering going to the showroom and talking to my SA and figure out some options. I'll let you know what I learn.

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation. I was considering going to the showroom and talking to my SA and figure out some options. I'll let you know what I learn.

1) both, so can’t plan off of that.
2) not always a text so may reach out to you. But yea you would go back into queue, not sure if that counts as rejection…would assume it does
3) that is Tesla’s policy but some have been able to…YMMV
What do you mean by rejection? How does one "reject" a Vin. Do you mean placing it on hold? If it is placing it on "hold" I believe they give you a date for you to cancel the hold and have to take delivery of the new Vin they give you

For Sept orders, it seems like the 4 week EDDs often drop to a subsequent 2-week EDD which is either within the last half of the original 4-week, or even later. (My 2-week EDD only overlaps my old 4-week by 4 days).

If you window was <14 days (like 10 or 11 days) or if you have a VIN, then there may be some truth to it. Otherwise, its just a wild guess, and I'd guess that it has a 50% chance of being moved out again (probably on the 2nd morning of EDD). Maybe to a 3-day window which overlaps the previous window.

I've been told that in Minnesota, there is a 10-20 day wait after getting VIN before the car gets here, so I feel safe to leave town for a week, right up until I have a VIN.

In your case (14 day EDD and no VIN), I'd say you could take a chance. Worst case (it comes in early), you can have it dropped at your house for contactless delivery (if you're willing to give up ability to reject).

Reactions: DrGriz
I was going to do Maplewood for pick up as I was previously told I was just on the edge of their home delivery area, but the SA I’ve been working with since getting my VIN thought it was silly so she said “we’ll figure it out” and set me for home delivery. It was a pleasant surprise!

She was also able to tell it’s in transit and should be in MN around the 7th or 8th. Haven’t received the text to schedule delivery yet.

It’s finally feeling real!
Nice. You may have talked to Kate. I understand she is very friendly and helpful. Good luck! I am thoroughly enjoying my Tesla. I really floored it while on the freeway ramp and it shot to 70 before I merged into the freeway, and I had to brake to be within the speed limit of 60. I am still getting used to this amazing technology.

I just called the main Tesla support line (not our local store) and the rep was able to tell me CPU/battery (Ryzen and 12V li-ion), along with its status (in transit on a train) estimated to show up in Minnesota around 2/8.
You must have got that new tesla bot on the phone. No warm blooded tesla phone agent is providing quality information like that.

EDD pushed out from 1/29-2/26 to 2/20-3/20. Maybe the 7-seat config. causing the delay. Rejected the trade-in 2 weeks ago (not sure why Tesla asked me in the first place, but wanted to see how much my other car’s value). live literally next to Fremont plant and see all the trucks with Ys and 3s going out (most in white)!

Last edited: