Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed, it was Temporary EDD! While adding trade in vehicle it changed to June11-July 9 last Sunday.
Today I am back to EDD Jan29-Feb26. Feb12-March12
Within reasonable EDD range that seems to correspond to early September ODs
Teslas "computer delivery estimate system" puts you back in proper cue when your uncompleted item is complete. (trade in vehicle)

Next important date Feb 24th... Trade in Vehicle offer expiration date according to the information I had to approve before accepting their offer.

OD- 9/13
BLACK INTERIOR
GREY EXTERIOR, 19 Inch Wheels ,NO FSD ,NO TOW, LA, CA
Yay!!! We have the same car specs, same OD, same delivery center. Maybe our cars will travel here together !

Reactions: Evthusiast
EDD change this morning from 01/28-02/11 to 02/01-02/11
Was hoping to wake up to a vin since some local MY's with similar configurations have been getting vins. I'm in no hurry, but would be happy to get a vin.

OD:09/11/21 white/black induction no tow no fsd, los Angeles
The OD to delivery seems to be tracking really well now for Los Angeles. My OD was 9/13 and similar specs to your car- MSM/ Black/ Gemini/5 seats/no Tow/no FSD. Current EDD is 2/4- 2/18.

Do we know how an SA is able to know the details of CPU, battery etc. My SA in HighlandPark IL, was non committal. When asked if I will be getting the latest CPU and battery he said you car was born on 1/22 and that it would be the most up to date possibly.
My SA at Highland Park is very responsive, but does not seem to provide any useful information. Best answer I got from him was if my MY would come with Mudflaps and/or PPF and he asked someone else. I guess it just depends on the SA if they know how to look it up, or have access to do it

Do we know how an SA is able to know the details of CPU, battery etc. My SA in HighlandPark IL, was non committal. When asked if I will be getting the latest CPU and battery he said you car was born on 1/22 and that it would be the most up to date possibly.
I just called the main Tesla support line (not our local store) and the rep was able to tell me CPU/battery (Ryzen and 12V li-ion), along with its status (in transit on a train) estimated to show up in Minnesota around 2/8.

EDD change this morning from 01/28-02/11 to 02/01-02/11
Was hoping to wake up to a vin since some local MY's with similar configurations have been getting vins. I'm in no hurry, but would be happy to get a vin.

OD:09/11/21 white/black induction no tow no fsd, los Angeles
You should be getting a 'nice' text in the coming days. My VIN text surprised me, thought it was family or friends. Let my phone sit for a few and then checked out 'the boring text'. Was a nice surprise, just out of the blue.

My edd has been all over the place since ordering on Sept 1st. Started Jan Feb, then March April then April may, then finally settled back to Feb March for about 2 months. About 3 weeks ago it jumped to say June, then shortly updated to june 16 - July 15 with no change since. Model y Lr blue black 20" no tow. Delivery location Portland. I feel like June is way off, especially since Sept orders are starting to take delivery, SA always just says wait for Vin to know for sure. Would really like to retire this truck soon. Anyone else having similar experience of June July delivery last few weeks?

EDD tightened from 4 weeks down to 2/3-2/17, bad news is I'm out of town until the later half of the window. Few questions:
(1) does tesla tend to deliver in the early half or later half
(2) I understand I can just ignore text and VIN will get reassigned after 3 days and I'll go back into the queue?
(3) if i reject VIN (see above) it can't be rejected again or my order will get canceled?

My edd has been all over the place since ordering on Sept 1st. Started Jan Feb, then March April then April may, then finally settled back to Feb March for about 2 months. About 3 weeks ago it jumped to say June, then shortly updated to june 16 - July 15 with no change since. Model y Lr blue black 20" no tow. Delivery location Portland. I feel like June is way off, especially since Sept orders are starting to take delivery, SA always just says wait for Vin to know for sure. Would really like to retire this truck soon. Anyone else having similar experience of June July delivery last few weeks?
I was in June July for 5 days, due to them asking if I wanted to trade in. I said sure if they offer is good... middle of trade in process I was put in June... Finalized trade in and 5 days later back to February delivery range. Sounds like you are in a different situation? Maybe Portland delivery logistics are tough for them?

I was in June July for 5 days, due to them asking if I wanted to trade in. I said sure if they offer is good... middle of trade in process I was put in June... Finalized trade in and 5 days later back to February delivery range. Sounds like you are in a different situation? Maybe Portland delivery logistics are tough for them?
I originally had a trade in offer but rejected it because would need to reg re quoted anyways. Originally they offered me 7100 bucks but at one point only 1800, so will just wait closer to date and see, fair sale value of my vehicle is around 7k. However for portland delivery I don't think it should be an issue I see truckloads of tesla being shipped up the i5 towards Portland/Seattle areas on a regular basis. It's pickup at dealership since my adress does not work for home delivery, that was also the case in sacramento for a friends Y. Hopefully it changes to something sooner, 10 months wait is a bit excessive for a early Sept 21 od