Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean by rejection? How does one "reject" a Vin. Do you mean placing it on hold? If it is placing it on "hold" I believe they give you a date for you to cancel the hold and have to take delivery of the new Vin they give you
No. For instance, if a car comes and there are several things wrong with the car, you can reject the VIN. I am not sure if they count one not responding to a VIN notice as rejection or not.

February EDD just shifted back 19 days

Chicago pick-up MYLR | Red Multi-Coat | 19" wheels | black interior | 5 seat | no FSD | no tow hitch | VIN: No | WI | ordered 09/29 | EDDs Feb 1: Feb 28-Mar 28 (older=> Jan 1: Feb 9 - Mar 9 | Nov 3:Feb 21-Mar 21 | Oct 10:Mar 14-Apr 11 | Oct 7:Feb 17-Mar 17)

I saw opposite on this forum, I was surprised you asked. Possible you have not read in a while?

I would gather a large portion of September will be delivered by end of Feb.
Right now it seems, August is finishing up...and first few weeks of September moving along, with some outliers based on location.

If you read August and October threads it will give perspective.
Thanks for the input! I haven't really checked the August/October threads. But I have been seeing a handful of September orders getting VINs or at least have a 2-week range on Reddit's January megathread so I just have to ask. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Evthusiast
So from EDDs never changing to two changes within one week! Unfortunately that 2 week window only lasted 3 days (it was nice while it lasted, gave me hope). AVG time to VIN with my filters currently sits at 146 days, which is still two weeks away, so it's back to waiting for me. But I see lots of VINs starting to pop up in September according to the spreadsheet, so at least there's something encouraging there. Thank you as always for those keeping the spreadsheet up to date. I peeked on the Tesla Account page in a slim hope to find a hidden VIN somewhere in there, but nothing yet.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (Ongoing, 129 days since OD)

Order date 9/24, Scottsdale Arizona, about 3 - 4 weeks ago estimate changed from 02/12 - 3/12 to now Feb 10 - March 10.

Even though selected “cash purchase” I'm getting financing from my bank, how long do you have to accept delivery once you get your vin number? Bank says it takes around 3 days to get approved, which won't be a problem. But is only good for 30 days, I’m trying to time it

So from EDDs never changing to two changes within one week! Unfortunately that 2 week window only lasted 3 days (it was nice while it lasted, gave me hope). AVG time to VIN with my filters currently sits at 146 days, which is still two weeks away, so it's back to waiting for me. But I see lots of VINs starting to pop up in September according to the spreadsheet, so at least there's something encouraging there. Thank you as always for those keeping the spreadsheet up to date. I peeked on the Tesla Account page in a slim hope to find a hidden VIN somewhere in there, but nothing yet.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (Ongoing, 129 days since OD)
Thanks for the update @eMahle. I’ve been watching your updates specifically since you have the identical order date and identical order (“as base as it gets”) as I do. I think I even completed my profile on the same date as you. The only difference is that I’m just a few miles from the Fremont factory which theoretically should mean getting a car faster than if I were in Florida.

My EDD has been pretty steady at Feb 14 - Mar 14 for most of January. Yesterday it jumped to Mar 6 - 31. So much for the idea that I should get a car sooner in California. I’m guessing they’re saving my order for the EOQ push

Reactions: eMahle