Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Automatic Garage opener is back in stock. Order while it is still available.
Just ordered mine.
I have a 2013 Model S...all the cars used to come with it. I was stunned that Y and 3 do not.
Perhaps because of supply chain issues, Tesla decided to sell it separately so they could still deliver cars without and realized they can make more money off of it sold separately? Installation is included in the price as it requires Tesla service to go to you and install hardware.

I have my Model S set so it opens the door upon arrival automatically. You can have several doors/gates and locations.

Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener

Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener​

$325
Thanks. I also got the notification. Last time, and this time, it came back in stock pretty quick. I got 2 months until EDD, may wait another month or so.

If anyone is curious about hooking a controller to the car, mine is a 365xxx with AMD and a PS4 controller does work on the USB port in the glove box where the video/sentry USB stick is. Unfortunately the version of firmware my car came with doesn't have cuphead or sonic but that beachbuggy racer game works with it.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
my friend also got his vin this week but he put it on hold hoping he can try to get his hands on a Austin one. supposedly him and a few others all got an email from Tesla telling them to either take off hold and click ready now by Feb 10th or have it canceled. Oof. Well hope he doesnt get canceled and takes his hold off on time
My order agreement from August 31 states "For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee." Do you know if your friend had this language in his agreement? I interpreted this as meaning I could place my order "on hold" essentially for 29 days, if needed.

Update, picked up my Tesla yesterday after a nearly 6 month wait. Ordered 9-2-21, got the car 2-1-22. The car is beautiful, no issues as far as I can tell. Panels look really good, car was clean, and it drives beautifully! They were out of PPF, but I did receive front mud flaps. The wait was worth it for me. Hope everyone who is waiting gets their vehicle soon!

Attachments

• C4339916-FAE3-4D0C-919B-BFAE899CEB37.jpeg
    C4339916-FAE3-4D0C-919B-BFAE899CEB37.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 4D436586-DDF7-4F07-B7D3-7CA8AD6B477E.jpeg
    4D436586-DDF7-4F07-B7D3-7CA8AD6B477E.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 3E850643-68AC-4713-8026-15B5632F3DDC.jpeg
    3E850643-68AC-4713-8026-15B5632F3DDC.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 68
Thanks. I also got the notification. Last time, and this time, it came back in stock pretty quick. I got 2 months until EDD, may wait another month or so.
I bought it a few months before my Model Y delivery. It is fantastic. My garage opens as soon as I enter my driveway. It also closes automatically once my car has exited my driveway. My mirrors also fold automatically. I also bought the Key fob and it seems more reliable than the phone as a key. Waiting for my Tow and Tesla bike rack installation later this month. In Spring I am hoping to install a Hansshow 10" in monitor and a front parking camera. It will also add Car Play.

Update, picked up my Tesla yesterday after a nearly 6 month wait. Ordered 9-2-21, got the car 2-1-22. The car is beautiful, no issues as far as I can tell. Panels look really good, car was clean, and it drives beautifully! They were out of PPF, but I did receive front mud flaps. The wait was worth it for me. Hope everyone who is waiting gets their vehicle soon!
Does it comes with an AMD chip???

OMG CONGRATS!!!! IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL

I bought it a few months before my Model Y delivery. It is fantastic. My garage opens as soon as I enter my driveway. It also closes automatically once my car has exited my driveway. My mirrors also fold automatically. I also bought the Key fob and it seems more reliable than the phone as a key. Waiting for my Tow and Tesla bike rack installation later this month. In Spring I am hoping to install a Hansshow 10" in monitor and a front parking camera. It will also add Car Play.
Thanks for the info. I was debating the garage opener. I just got my key fob today, since I park on the bottom floor of a parking structure and I experience reception issues with my phone (and I don't want to use the card to open the car).
It's all coming together. I just need the car. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I was debating the garage opener. I just got my key fob today, since I park on the bottom floor of a parking structure and I experience reception issues with my phone (and I don't want to use the card to open the car).
It's all coming together. I just need the car. Lol.
I bought the key fob also. I am used to it from model S. Phone works fine but with fob no need to fumble with phone or key card.

Hey! That's my Tesla <joking>... congrats! I pick up mine on the 11th, can't wait.

Is the mud flaps built in? Or you have to ask for it?