Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This could not have been put better.
September orders are getting there.
It is like the stock market. Day trading can make you go nuts. Step back and see that in September it gave a delivery range. Yes some in Dec.
I was always Jan-Feb ish.
Yes it went to March but still sitting at Feb12-Mar12
Too much demand and not enough supply yet.

I have been with Tesla since 2013, in some ways things are 1000% better and yes in some ways more tricky with many more cars and customers.

My 2013 model s had freyed headliner at the windshield, large bump in paint on roof, rattles in the doors, rear hatch not aligned and various other small issues.
My chrome door trim is still a bit off but only if you look closely.
They took care of everything I requested. I missed the chrome issue and now dont notice.
Including upgrading cloth headliner to the premium headliner for free.
Tesla also painted my entire roof. Not ideal but you would never know.
Back then they were essentially built by hand I guess.
That is my car as profile photo. I cant even believe it is a 2013 sill looks great to this day. No parking sensors or electric presenting side view mirrors... early build less tech. Just one rear view camera.

Tesla vehicles are amazing and no one matches it yet.

Time will tell, but I have been following Tesla since 2003 and confidence is high that most September orders should be delivered late Feb into March. Late August and early September are already getting vehicles. Seems like August is almost done.
There will be outliers.

As you can tell, I had my morning coffee already 🙂 ☕

Last edited:
These days, when cars are parked outside, during theft, thieves also steal the garage opener. Not having a remote gives one more less reason for a breakin. I never park my car on the driveway, but always like the garage opener. When I visit my brother, I add his garage on my car garage opener without needing to borrow his remote. I have always had a home link in my last few cars. But Tesla's garage opener is on a different level by automatically opening and closing which is real cool. I am going to be soon trying the summon feature, where the car opens the feature and brings the car outside on the driveway for you.
These days, when cars are parked outside, during theft, thieves also steal the garage opener. Not having a remote gives one more less reason for a breakin.
Excellent point. The justification I need to explain the garage door purchase.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Back to a 2-week window. Bouncing around everywhere now.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (Ongoing, 129 days since OD)

Reactions: pepperoni
After 142 days, we finally received our VIN!!

MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No
New Jersey
EDD: is now 2/18-2/22
374xxx

We are super excited, it has definitely been one a heck of a journey!
Congratulations! Where are you picking from? mine is white with blk seats. Ordered around the same time in NJ. Still awaiting VIN.