Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you enter into all those EDD's or were they just window changes? I have had 12 EDD window changes, but I have actually entered into 4 of them with the expectation I would get a VIN, before they changed to push out.
i actually entered most of them and it wasn't until the next day of the EDD that my date bumped.. it was annoying but almost i knew it was an every time occurrence until this last EDD change which i did enter and the next day i finally got a vin!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesraki and JP0430
Dude no way!! That’s awesome, congrats.
My OD is 9/28 and yesterday my EDD went from March to April - May. I’m hoping I have that sporadic VIN assignment after an EDD extension just like you and so many others >.<
I did email the SA this morning. He emailed me in the evening saying a car has been assigned and thats when i got the text for VIN as well. May be reaching out to SA helps. But for sure you should be getting your VIN this week.

Reactions: dot.eth
I'm less than 24 hours out from scheduled delivery so I hope I don't jinx it but I thought I'd post my experience.

OD: 9/14 After watching the EDD on the order pages go from DEC to JAN to FEB in a short time, I decided to put the money down and order. Cash payment, no trade, car details in the signature. The EDD on the order page changed from FEB to MAR about a week after I ordered so I assumed I'd be mid to late FEB if everything held together.

PC: 9/17 I received the email from Tesla telling me to complete my profile in order to avoid delays. I completed my profile that day.

OCT: I don't remember when I got my first EDD of 1/16 - 2/14. Maybe OCT or NOV? Lots of EDD changes but nothing too crazy. They're all in the signature.

1/14: Received a text from Tesla asking if I had a trade. I said no and asked if they had a build date. They responded with "Production Factory Gate Date is estimated for Feb 14."

2/13: Received VIN and text from Tesla saying it was time to schedule a delivery appointment, arrange payment, provide proof of insurance, etc. I was given a 3-day window to pick up the car. Since it worked for me, I didn't ask for alternate arrangements. I responded to the text asking for a manufacture date and config (AMD, 12v Lithium, etc.). They responded with a manufacture date of 2/12 and yes, it has all the goodies.

2/15: Completed payment through the app using plaid, uploaded proof of insurance, etc.

2/22: Received text to remind me of the delivery date. (Like anyone would forget)

At least for me, it was about a month between the "Do you have a trade" text to receiving a VIN. Then another 10 days to get the car.

I see the horror stories here and totally sympathize with all of you getting jerked around. I'd be pissed too. But in the end, I plunked down the deposit expecting a car in mid to late Feb and so far, Tesla has been on target.

Full disclosure - From mid-JAN to when I got my VIN in mid-FEB, I prolly refreshed the app 2-3 times per hour. I don't think it made a difference.😆 I also checked this thread at least 5 times a day. I was glad to see folks getting their cars; it gave me hope mine would arrive soon.

Best of luck.

Can anyone please point me to an updated checklist that i can carry on the delivery day for inspection?
I used two. I had one and my 11 year old daughter (who is planning on starting her own YouTube channel) had the other.

Reactions: OmbreCake
Ugh. So I'm supposed to be picking up this coming Saturday, but I'm getting anxious about the financing.

I'm going through a local credit union because they gave me a pretty good rate, especially for the term. Been in contact with one guy at the bank the whole time. Finally got him the last of the documents he needed last Friday morning, and advised that I would need this soon, as Tesla has a very short turnaround time. As of this morning, I'm still waiting on confirmation that we will be good to go for pickup. He assures me that they "should" have everything ready for Saturday, but at this point I'm getting nervous. Never had this take so long before with any of my other car purchases. Usually it takes maybe a few hours to a day.

Sorry, just needed to come and rant. My wife is getting tired of the back-and-forth ranting everyday.

Was told on my weekly interaction with my SA that they can submit your order to the factory team to get prioritized, if you have been waiting for an extended period of time for a VIN. Guess it's time to buy your SA a coffee and show some love? ;)🧂
Let us know how it goes, and if your EDD is affected by this.

My bet is that SA is making it up.

Was told on my weekly interaction with my SA that they can submit your order to the factory team to get prioritized, if you have been waiting for an extended period of time for a VIN. Guess it's time to buy your SA a coffee and show some love? ;)🧂
Let us know how it goes, and if your EDD is affected by this.

My bet is that SA is making it up.
I saw a couple of others post that when they walked into the SA to follow up on their order, the SA said there was a form they now have to escalate delayed deliveries. Not sure it actually prioritizes the order, but maybe gives it a second look to ensure a proper EDD and fix if not.

Oh wait, then that would be Customer Service.