Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily, he just needs to make sure his lender is aware so its an expense accounted for if much different than his existing payment (assuming he'd be financing/leasing).
Everyone’s situation is different. But it comes down to DTI.

If he has enough income to add on a car payment then…his file just needs to go to underwriting again and depending when it happens it could delay his loan processing causing him to need an extension on escrow or to lose the loan

It seems the only things you might get is a faster charge and perhaps a few more miles (less likely). But Panasonic will start building them next year. Panasonic is better at making batteries than Tesla, so they might even be more efficient then. Be careful waiting for the latest and greatest, as this is technology, there will always be something else coming down the pipe. Meanwhile, you may be missing out on the fun of driving this vehicle.
If I have to wait a half year, no I won't probably wait for it. But it looks like they are going to start delivery this quarter. I'm in Texas so I may be one of the first to get it. So, by delaying a month or two, you can the improved car that will last more than a decade, why not? When I buy a new iPhone, I don't buy one in August, I wait one more month to get the latest version. I can wait longer for my car.

I received the same text this morning, also not trading in. I actually ordered 2 days before you. Hopefully we'll get a VIN soon. Same EDD as well.
Just received a trade-in text from Tesla.

After how many days after this text should I expect VIN/delivery?

Not trading-in my current car. Do I need to respond to the text?

Currently app showing March 5 - March 31 as EDD

I received the same text this morning, also not trading in. I actually ordered 2 days before you. Hopefully we'll get a VIN soon. Same EDD as well.
So far as I can tell that text is pretty useless, sad to say. I got my text two weeks ago and then 10 days later my EDD got pushed back by three weeks

Here's my timeline:

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (Current, 153 days since OD)

So far as I can tell that text is pretty useless, sad to say. I got my text two weeks ago and then 10 days later my EDD got pushed back by three weeks

Here's my timeline:

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (Current, 153 days since OD)
Way to crush our dreams, haha.

OD 9/23, PC 9/23 - MYLR MSM/19”/BLK
Had EDD of feb 26 - march 26 which got pushed out to april 16 - may 14 today.

Wonder if MSM deliveries are getting extra delayed?

Haha I was thinking the same for my configuration (white exterior, white interior), also got pushed from Feb 19 - Mar 19 to April 17 - May 15 recently.

Trying to find a pattern here, but I'm afraid the Tesla EDD system seems to be completely unpredictable.

(MYLR, White/White, 19" Gemini, no tow, 5 seats, no FSD)

Well, busted another EDD window. Went into my latest window yesterday (F24-M24), and today I am pushed out (M18-M31). I guess on the plus side it went to a 14 day window from a 30 day window. Here's hoping I make it into the EOQ numbers and don't get pushed to next quarter. =)

I got texts asking about my trade in in mid and late january, but it hasn't seemed to signify any change in date. Although I don't have a trade in so who knows?

Yay for 160 days tomorrow! Here's hoping I don't make it to 180!

Reactions: Antonius138
Only communications I received from Tesla was the order confirmation email. That was it. No texts or emails. I did call them 3 times after I got my VIN, but no Tesla initiated communications. I would just make sure they are able to accept your check.
thank you for the heads up! i actually got another text today to remind me of my delivery tomorrow.. and i actually asked about my payment method and they actually asked for my bank and amount to be financed since i was going through my own Credit Union.. they asked for my financial institution's name and total amount i was going to be financing and i believe this was due to the fact that i had originally set my payment method to cash.. but they were able to update my bank info on my account and sure enough it was set and also my total amount due was updated as well, since i was going to pay a little out of pocket and the rest via bank check :D

I got a phone call from a human!
Delivery was scheduled four days from today. A human called to say it's delayed due to weather... but only by one day.

I've driven to the Tesla shop twice now to ask a question. But now I have an SA phone number saved.

BTW, do they usually stock Mobile Connector adaptors at the store?

PC: 9/11 mYlr-5 Ba/Bu +tow -fsd EDD:3/1
yess! i actually got a call today to confirm delivery of my car tomorrow!! surprisingly it was not my original SA but other person which is fine.. i never heard from my original SA since i had placed the order back in Sept.. but i can see if they have any connectors besides the ones that come with our MY.. 🥳

If I have to wait a half year, no I won't probably wait for it. But it looks like they are going to start delivery this quarter. I'm in Texas so I may be one of the first to get it. So, by delaying a month or two, you can the improved car that will last more than a decade, why not? When I buy a new iPhone, I don't buy one in August, I wait one more month to get the latest version. I can wait longer for my car.
Understandable, but Apple isn’t sending out the first batch from their factory. Good luck

Reactions: night_fury
Joined the cool kids club (aka the 2 weeks EDD window folks) this morning! Hopefully I will be a an even cooler kid with a VIN soon! I will say I am nervous about being an EOQ push delivery… I have heard horror story’s on here…Still pumped though. Queue the accessory purchases lol!

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 02/25-03/25 02/01-03/01 02/23-03/23, 2/11-3/11,3/3-3/28, 03/16-03/30| Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD

Reactions: srnewby54