Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD moved this morning from 14 day window (3/3-3/17). Now 4/23-5/21. Frustrating!!!
EDD moved this morning from 14 day window (3/3-3/17). Now 4/23-5/21. Frustrating!!!
Maybe there is some method to this madness??? After a 5 day interval, EDD moved back to a 14 day window (3/4-3/18) this morning. Does this mean ANYTHING??? OD was 9/29/21 and the initial EDD just said “April” with no specific day. Looks like I’ll likely get it within 2 weeks of first EDD, but who knows?

Maybe there is some method to this madness??? After a 5 day interval, EDD moved back to a 14 day window (3/4-3/18) this morning. Does this mean ANYTHING??? OD was 9/29/21 and the initial EDD just said “April” with no specific day. Looks like I’ll likely get it within 2 weeks of first EDD, but who knows?
Pulled back into EOQ this morning too - OD 09/29 - my initial EDD was March or April. Third 2wk EDD - we’ll see what happens

I would expect after the first one drops, we would see a flood of them.
And that could pretty much start now if this is legit... Either way, its just not a big deal, I guess it will sometime in next few weeks. But maybe “flood” isn’t the right word for first few weeks of it... production ramp up surely going to be a lot slower than the wishful thinkers believe.

And that could pretty much start now if this is legit... Either way, its just not a big deal, I guess it will sometime in next few weeks. But maybe “flood” isn’t the right word for first few weeks of it... production ramp up surely going to be a lot slower than the wishful thinkers believe.
Your order seems to be right in the sweet spot for an Austin delivery based on the pics shown till now of austin gf and your specs, EDD and location

Just hope they are shipping to Chicago area in April. Especially if it’s silver

Reactions: Shocker
Your order seems to be right in the sweet spot for an Austin delivery based on the pics shown till now of austin gf and your specs, EDD and location
Hahahahahaha... I would take it but ... I had a Fremont 3 before and it was great. I can live with another, especially now they have had two additional years to get better. Mainly I hear a lot of good things about their QC now. Mainly. You’re in the zone yourself!

Reactions: JDL@h
Just dropped by my service center. My car was there!!! Couldn’t look at it long. They kicked me out because I was standing in the loading dock :). Can’t wait to pick it up on Monday.
F9938351-EA73-4EDC-9A8D-5A4DACA26516.jpeg

Final update from me, as my car was delivered to my house earlier today. Hope my timeline and experience provides useful data points for those waiting!

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD
Seattle area | Ordered 9/5 | No finance | No trade

Recent history:
  • Fri 2/18: EDD changed from 2/17 to 3/3 -> 5/14 to 6/11 (~3 month change)
  • Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back!!!)
  • Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 and VIN assigned (F382xxx)
  • Sat 2/26: Delivered to my home from Bellevue SC.
Notes from the delivery:
  • Really nice and helpful guy from Bellevue delivered and humored me with my fairly lengthy inspection.
  • Car was in great shape overall. Only the passenger side trunk is out of alignment at lights; not too bad, but will probably submit a service request to get adjusted. Hood and door alignment good. Couldn't find anything wrong with interior.
  • Has AMD.
  • Has PPF in front of rear wheels and has front mud flaps.
  • No missing wireless charging or front USB due to parts shortage - everything there.
  • Dual pane front windows; single pane rear windows (delivery guy stated he hadn't seen dual pane rear windows yet).
Ash.jpg

That feeling you get when you drive around town and see new MY's and you haven't been assigned a VIN after about 6 months or longer, you sign on here to commiserate and see folks that ordered well past your OD get theirs and you want to feel happy for them but feel like someone is seriously yanking you. I'm starting to wonder if I still want one anymore...once Giga Texas goes online everyone in the neighborhood will get one two weeks after ordering and it will have lost its luster. 😐

Last edited:
Final update from me, as my car was delivered to my house earlier today. Hope my timeline and experience provides useful data points for those waiting!

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD
Seattle area | Ordered 9/5 | No finance | No trade

Recent history:
  • Fri 2/18: EDD changed from 2/17 to 3/3 -> 5/14 to 6/11 (~3 month change)
  • Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back!!!)
  • Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 and VIN assigned (F382xxx)
  • Sat 2/26: Delivered to my home from Bellevue SC.
Notes from the delivery:
  • Really nice and helpful guy from Bellevue delivered and humored me with my fairly lengthy inspection.
  • Car was in great shape overall. Only the passenger side trunk is out of alignment at lights; not too bad, but will probably submit a service request to get adjusted. Hood and door alignment good. Couldn't find anything wrong with interior.
  • Has AMD.
  • Has PPF in front of rear wheels and has front mud flaps.
  • No missing wireless charging or front USB due to parts shortage - everything there.
  • Dual pane front windows; single pane rear windows (delivery guy stated he hadn't seen dual pane rear windows yet).
View attachment 774176
Looks terrific. Did you request the PPF and mud flaps?