Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy *sugar* read these last posts and thought I would check and I got a VIN! First day in my latest (of many) EDDs!

Ordered six months ago today--September 5th!

F391XXX.

Things moved quickly the last few days.
Congrats! Good to see September VINs coming. I will be curious to learn if it has the latest CPU, etc. Most are, but some scattered reports of the old hardware installed in recent VINs.

Reactions: Tesraki
I looked at other EV’s. To me, the biggest advantage Tesla has is the Supercharger network they’ve built, making it truly a road trip EV. Nobody else can touch this and I don’t see things changing anytime soon.
It could change soon. Tesla is looking at opening up its Supercharger network to other cars in the US, possibly in exchange for a piece of the new $7.5B EV charging funding included in the infrastructure bill. The have already done this in the Netherlands, Norway, and France.

Holy *sugar* read these last posts and thought I would check and I got a VIN! First day in my latest (of many) EDDs!

Ordered six months ago today--September 5th!

F391XXX.

Things moved quickly the last few days.
Been watching your updates over the last few weeks as looks like we are being batched together based on location/order type and same time shifting EDDs. Appears I am 0-1 day further away from Fremont in terms of delivery logistics.

If trend holds out, will again enter EDD tomorrow morning here, so should also have a VIN by then.

Been watching your updates over the last few weeks as looks like we are being batched together based on location/order type and same time shifting EDDs. Appears I am 0-1 day further away from Fremont in terms of delivery logistics.

If trend holds out, will again enter EDD tomorrow morning here, so should also have a VIN by then.
I though Sonoma/Rocklin would be later in the month, as we are really low hanging fruit for the end of quarter push, which had me worried about spilling over into next quarter. I looked really good for December and got pushed late in the month to to January, so I'm a surprised to be getting a VIN on the 5th day of the month. Maybe they're peak spreading a bit more as talked about last quarter.

After all of this I would say you are more likely to get a VIN tomorrow or Monday than not. Corte Madera is my delivery site, about 5 miles north of the GG Bridge. Rocklin is only 2 hours from Fremont, one hour more than Corte Madera. My first available pickup day was Monday, so my guess is the car ships today, gets prepped on Sunday, available for pickup on Monday. Going to get it on Tuesday. From VIN to first delivery availability is only two days. Good luck!

Reactions: Sunil_K and iPlug
@monkee88 and @specialgreen you both forgot to pay the picture tax....we are waiting

Yah, sure, you bet. Here's "Blue Moo" with chunky Blizzaks on 8x18" Mustang wheels... the fear of curb rash has no power over me! :)

stang-snows.jpg

Last edited:
Had Kahurangi for 10 days now, long enough to put 700 miles on the odometer, and I have to say I am utterly, completely happy with her. Build quality is good, family fits well, sound system is amazing, and the experience of driving is just light years different/better from an ICE car. The heated seats and steering wheel are wonderful in the Minnesota cold, and being able to have the car warmed up before you get in is just SO MUCH better than the old process of driving a freezing car while you wait for the heaters to work. No problems with the heat pump, and I've driven at around 2F. Range seems good, already noticeably greater when it's in the 30s rather than single digits, but even in real cold, it's probably reduced by about 15-20%. Charging with the 14-50 is great, and I've been setting the charge to around 76%, which is tons for daily driving. Used my first supercharger in Eau Claire last Sunday, just for the experience, and topped up about 11% in 6 minutes. The cost was $2.13! My only significant complaint is the phantom braking, which makes even cruise control unsettling to use. I just drive manually. I hope Tesla gets this sorted out soon, but overall, I'm in love. For those still waiting, can't wait to see the pics when you take delivery! I hope I haven't jinxed things by posting about being so satisfied, but so far, awesome.

Had Kahurangi for 10 days now, long enough to put 700 miles on the odometer, and I have to say I am utterly, completely happy with her. Build quality is good, family fits well, sound system is amazing, and the experience of driving is just light years different/better from an ICE car. The heated seats and steering wheel are wonderful in the Minnesota cold, and being able to have the car warmed up before you get in is just SO MUCH better than the old process of driving a freezing car while you wait for the heaters to work. No problems with the heat pump, and I've driven at around 2F. Range seems good, already noticeably greater when it's in the 30s rather than single digits, but even in real cold, it's probably reduced by about 15-20%. Charging with the 14-50 is great, and I've been setting the charge to around 76%, which is tons for daily driving. Used my first supercharger in Eau Claire last Sunday, just for the experience, and topped up about 11% in 6 minutes. The cost was $2.13! My only significant complaint is the phantom braking, which makes even cruise control unsettling to use. I just drive manually. I hope Tesla gets this sorted out soon, but overall, I'm in love. For those still waiting, can't wait to see the pics when you take delivery! I hope I haven't jinxed things by posting about being so satisfied, but so far, awesome.
Good to hear! I hope Tesla gets that phantom braking issue sorted soon as well. It‘s like a perfect ice cream sundae with a dead fly on top of the cherry. I’m hoping my story will be different (my area is chock full of wonderfully twisty two lane roads), but the reality is changes need to be made. I hope that Tesla Vision doesn’t suffer from a hardware astigmatism that can’t be fully corrected by better machine learning/algorithms.

Your pics give me a vicarious thrill. Same color, same wheels. CAN’T WAIT. 😁

Reactions: Tararua
Last update from my end :)
MYLR | OD: 09/15 | Blue | 7 seats| 19" |NJ
first VIN was assigned on Feb 15th estimated delivery Feb 18-24, I was out on vacation and the car was released. I got a new VN a week after F3778xx and I called and emailed to verify its AMD.
Yesterday I picked up the car from the Paramus location in NJ, I couldn't check the car from the inside unless i will accept delivery but i did it only after the manager acknowledged that I can reject the car if i do not move it. the car have 2 minor gap/adjustment that i will schedule a service appointment but was in a good shape in general (clean, charged)

thank you all for all the info you are sharing here, definitely helped during the process

It has arrived!

My first 7-seat car was accepted on Friday. When I showed it to my 8-year-old son, he said "this car is the future!" He was allowed to name it - he called it "Speed X". He also loved the seven seats and started talking about all his friends who could be in the car now.

Pick up was fine, no issues. I spent about an hour and a half (almost all sitting at my computer) at Carmax ahead of time trading in my old Prius, but that process was fairly smooth as well (as I did the quote ahead of time.)

One down side - this car is longer than my last car, so making a right I nailed a curb....and got a flat tire on my first day! I'll need to get a new right rear. I was given a loaner tire as the dealership didn't have any replacement tires on hand.

Frunk is quickly becoming my favorite access point.

Introduced my son to the heated seats this morning. He loves it.

Only frustration point was while they would install my mudflaps I had bought a seat belt for my older special needs son that they would not install because it wasn't Tesla-made product. A Monroe was the only place I could find but they won't do it until Tuesday. Having that will cap it off - it will be the first time in years I will be able to have both kids in the same car safely, the motivation to buy this car in the first place.

As for specs:
Heated seats - yes
Heated steering wheel - yes
Chip - AMD

Attachments

• 20220304_134544.jpg
    20220304_134544.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220304_134606.jpg
    20220304_134606.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220304_134644.jpg