Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you had it on hold for 3 months and still may be getting it before some of us?? Gotta love Tesla! :D
Yeah, looking at how mine and other holds have played out, not sure putting on hold had much or any influence of ultimate delivery day.

The only thing that so far seems to be accurate on our end is the original March 2022 delivery estimate when I first ordered the vehicle.

Test drive and in-person ordering process was ok and I expect a fun and reliable enough product when/if it is delivered but this constantly shifting EDD thing is a joke. Unreliable date coupled with the short (3 day?) pickup window makes it hard/frustrating to plan anything.
No more shifting plans around this thing - if we're available when it shows up great, will be happy to see it - if not oh well. Pretty sure I won't be doing this again.
2wk EDD means nothing - I've had 3
Ugh. I've had 2 2-week EDDs so far and got within 4 or 5 days of one of them without a VIN.

Our orders make for a great twin study; no holds, same order completion date (my order was one day earlier, but completion date was 9/29), color, trim, and general geographical location. No idea what the algorithm is doing here. It's Heisenbergian.

Yeah, looking at how mine and other holds have played out, not sure putting on hold had much or any influence of ultimate delivery day.

The only thing that so far seems to be accurate on our end is the original March 2022 delivery estimate when I first ordered the vehicle.
Yup, you're right. The Tesla ordering process has been quite frustrating with the MY, but I know its due to a ridiculous amount of demand. But hey, as frustrating as it is still beats having to deal with a dealership, so I'll persevere.

Im still sitting with my latest window since it changed in February from a 14 day February window to 3/9-3/31 23 day window. Hoping its going to stick, I have one of the earlier Order Dates on here.
I have a similar timeline. My SA also filled out some form to check with the logistics team and they said that they were investigating, but not sure what to make of it...also there are at least 14 people in the August forum that are still waiting for a VIN and let's not forget night_fury since July 11 2021

With all these delays occurring (mine was pushed back as well), there is a possibility they are updating the Fremont line for 4680s. Hopefully that is the case. If it is the cause, the delays could get worse. It is odd they don’t want to deliver these cars before the end of quarter.
Probably not. Saw picture yesterday on Twitter where they said lots of cars at Fremont. Back in December when everyone thought delivers were slowing down, same question was asked.

Ugh. I've had 2 2-week EDDs so far and got within 4 or 5 days of one of them without a VIN.

Our orders make for a great twin study; no holds, same order completion date (my order was one day earlier, but completion date was 9/29), color, trim, and general geographical location. No idea what the algorithm is doing here. It's Heisenbergian.
Yes - interesting study - at one point I thought there might be some color/trim correlation - truly puzzling...
I hope that your current 3/12 - 3/31 window holds

Thought I would join in on the fun, guys.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, Red/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch, no FSD
Order Date: 9/24/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/24/21

Timeline:

09/24: Web Site Order EDD March 2022
Various EDD changes as early as January 2022 and as late as July 2022
03/02: Received Trade in Text (159 days since OD)
Current EDD March 11-31, 2022

Hang in there my friends.

New member here, i been reading for a while. Decided to join the fun.

Order Date: 9/11/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/20/21

Here's my timeline

09/11: Order Online
First EDD February 14 - March 14
10/07 Text updating pickup location
11/17 Received VIN, had to put on hold, [traveling in the time frame given for pickup]
12/01 Hold removed
12/06: EDD February 23 - March 23
02/15: Received Trade in Text [No Trade in]
02/21: EDD April 21 - May 19
02/25: EDD June 8 - July 6

I'm going to be waiting for a while now 😅

New member here, i been reading for a while. Decided to join the fun.

Order Date: 9/11/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/20/21

Here's my timeline

09/11: Order Online
First EDD February 14 - March 14
10/07 Text updating pickup location
11/17 Received VIN, had to put on hold, [traveling in the time frame given for pickup]
12/01 Hold removed
12/06: EDD February 23 - March 23
02/15: Received Trade in Text [No Trade in]
02/21: EDD April 21 - May 19
02/25: EDD June 8 - July 6

I'm going to be waiting for a while now 😅
Jesus! That's horrible. Did you order a MYLR or MYP? Options?

Jesus! That's horrible. Did you order a MYLR or MYP? Options?
It is indeed horrible, but more so because of why there is a wait, not the timing of the wait. A VIN was received 2 months after order, but because of the ridiculous 3 day window or you lose it rule, now having to wait until possibly July, is ridiculous. There should be some way of verifying that someone is actually travelling and if that is shown and they aren't gone for a month then some accommodations should be made.

My EDD moved forward to 3/5 - 3/31 from 3/9 - 3/15. No VIN yet. But the change is just in time for my semi-anniversary tomorrow.

So that's a two-week-plus improvement in the back end of my EDD range. May give a ray of hope to the many others with current EDDs ending on 3/31. Or not.

Or it may signal transportation issues are ahead and they will fill more West Coast orders (like mine) for the end of quarter push. Who knows? It's a black box of kinetic confusion.

This is my sixth time entering an EDD range, the second time at the end of a quarter, so the champagne is not yet on ice. We'll see.