Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings Septemberists,

While getting ready for my delivery on Tuesday, I learned a few things I thought I would share with the class.

1. Changes to sales documents. I needed to change the spelling on my purchase agreement, title request, etc. I replied to the text message telling me about the VIN having been assigned. They said text us with the corrections, and it was corrected with a simple exchange of texts. The pre-delivery documents updated in a few minutes. Simple.

2. Tesla insurance. I knew my new Model Y was going to be more expensive to insure. My current carrier is Allstate, with whom I've had a long relationship, but I did not get a quote from them because they use dealers, I mean agents, for everything, and they take weekends off. A little research showed Allstate is one of the more expensive insurers of Teslas.

I checked Progressive online and the cost increase was about 100% for similar coverage compared to my current Mercedes C300. Almost all of the increase was for collision coverage. I then went to Tesla insurance and the quote came back less than the C300 with slightly better coverages across the board. I then added the wife's Volvo and the total came in under my current Allstate coverage, so I switched to Tesla Insurance. I'll drop the C300 and Allstate (goodbye old friend) when I deliver the C300 to my daughter. Nothing against Allstate; they were great when Hurricane Andrew blew through town.

Shopping really paid off. Tesla insurance, available in California and a handful of other states, was too good to pass up.

Last edited:
Greetings Septemberists,

While getting ready for my delivery on Tuesday, I learned a few things I thought I would share with the class.

1. Changes to sales documents. I needed to change the spelling on my purchase agreement, title request, etc. I replied to the text message telling me about the VIN having been assigned. They said text us with the corrections, and it was corrected with a simple exchange of texts. The pre-delivery documents updated in a few minutes. Simple.

2. Tesla insurance. I knew my new Model Y was going to be more expensive to insure. My current carrier is Allstate, with whom I've had a long relationship, but I did not get a quote from them because they use dealers, I mean agents, for everything, and they take weekends off. A little research showed Allstate is one of the more expensive insurers of Teslas.

I checked Progressive online and the cost increase was about 100% for similar coverage compared to my current Mercedes C300. Almost all of the increase was for collision coverage. I then went to Tesla insurance and the quote came back less than the C300 with slightly better coverages across the board. I then added the wife's Volvo and the total came in under my current Allstate coverage, so I switched to Tesla Insurance. I'll drop the C300 and Allstate (goodbye old friend) when I deliver the C300 to my daughter. Nothing against Allstate; they were great when Hurricane Andrew blew through town.

Shopping really paid off. Tesla insurance, available in California and a handful of other states, was too good to pass up.
Try metromile if you don't drive many miles. They count on the actual miles you drive.

Reactions: Tesraki
Go #TeamBlue! I like those wheels. How’s ride quality? Range?
Ride quality is softer than our Bolt, even on the 19" wheels. We miss the 360-degree backup view, and the camera rear-view mirror, but the improvements are worth their loss. Range appears good, but isn't really important to us around town (even a 30kwh Lead did fine there). We'll have our monthly road trip (900 miles) this weekend, and we'll learn more then.

So far the only issue is cruise control. We got firm braking on 7 of 8 semis in the oncoming lane over 30 miles of 2-lane hwy, and even with a couple regular cars in the oncoming lane. Like once per 3 minutes. It's definitely playing Chicken Little. Our normal road trip has 3.25 hours of 2-lane, each way, and doing that without cruise may give me a charleyhorse. We can take a different route that cuts it down to 2.25 hours of 2-lane each way, but it adds 30 minutes to the trip. 2.25 hours is literally the closest divided highway to my hometown, in any direction.

Still very happy with the upgrade. The Tesla will probably save us 4 hours each way, due to the Supercharger network.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGriz