Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Congratulations 🎉 could you share more details about your vehicle config? Interesting you are getting a Fremont build , considering your location in Colorado.
Yeah I think it's in my signature but MYLR5, white ext, black int, 20" wheel, no tow, no fsd. Austin isn't approved for shipping yet due to missing an EPA certification. My hunch is that they will get approved in the next 3-4 weeks, maybe sooner! Even after that though the ramp is going to take quite a long time.

Reactions: rsb290
They don’t make a lot of 7 seaters.

Then you also have the base 7 seater. You can try calling tesla to see if they can push you up.

I had a buddy that ordered a Red 7 seater with no other options. He ordered in early October and got delivered last week. He called tesla 5 times, once every couple days.
I'm not in any kind of rush but it's baffling how drastic the EDDs have been.

seem they just give priority to the higher profit config, like FSD, performance and push base orders to a big queue. We should feel lucky if we were picked. I feel lucky because I am not being pushed out the June Jail yet. :'(
Yeah, everything besides 7-seater (+$3k) gains priority which is lame af! But.. yeah. Luckily, I’ve never had a June EDD (crossing my fingers it doesn’t happen lol). I went from March, to April. Been sitting at this EDD for close to a month now.

Reactions: cyber2077
It was before they increased the price for fsd. Now the problem is if u add it for 10k. And u remove, the overall car price changes to the new one.

My BIL ordered same time as mine. (9/23)
But he didn’t complete profile until November 12. But added fsd at the time and removed it when his vin got assigned. Lucky for him, fsd still was 10k at the time. His order was MYLR white 20”, everything else default.

He got his car first week feb 😂. Here I am still waiting and mostly gonna go into summer with same OD.

Your car could still be on its way!!
Not to be pessimistic, but I don’t think so.

FYI, I had the SA show me my cars details (I have a photo of it) my car was “born” literally 12hrs before the moment I noticed got the VIN assigned.

Based on that alone. I think that (in most cases) as soon as the car that’s assigned to you rolls off the production line, you’ll be notified. I say in most cases because you could always have those cars that delivery got rejected, etc

I hope everyone here gets their cars soon. Ultimately I think most of the theories here are just trying to fit a narrative. All I could say from 6 months of analyzing trends while waiting is that there’s no rhyme or reason (like prioritizing who spent the most, adding FSD, etc)

Looking at this thread now, I feel extremely lucky that I got my VIN already. But for what it’s worth, I have the most base MYLR5 configuration.

Best of luck to everyone, and I hope the madness comes to an end soon

It was before they increased the price for fsd. Now the problem is if u add it for 10k. And u remove, the overall car price changes to the new one.

But he didn’t complete profile until November 12. But added fsd at the time and removed it when his vin got assigned. Lucky for him, fsd still was 10k at the time. His order was MYLR white 20”, everything else default.

He got his car first week feb 😂. Here I am still waiting and mostly gonna go into summer with same OD.
So if you add FSD to an existing order, then remove it at delivery, your entire order price shifts to current prices? If that’s how it is that’s pretty messed up, wonder if SA could get you around it.

That is some BS right there

So if you add FSD to an existing order, then remove it at delivery, your entire order price shifts to current prices? If that’s how it is that’s pretty messed up, wonder if SA could get you around it.
Why is it messed up? They tell you up front any configuration may cause you to go to current price. With the announcement that FSD will speed up your order, they dont charge to add it, but will charge to remove it as you are trying to Game the system.

Why is it messed up? They tell you up front any configuration may cause you to go to current price. With the announcement that FSD will speed up your order, they dont charge to add it, but will charge to remove it as you are trying to Game the system.
Every company has terms, but it is simply software that can be uninstalled, they should shift delivery date back instead of charging the customer more money, if they see they are trying to play the system, delay their delivery.