Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD: 3/29 - 3/31. East Coast.
No text. Waiting for that EDD pushback but hoping for EOQ delivery.
MYLR/MSM/Blk/19"/No tow/No FSD
Seems like a pile of East Coasters - specifically in the greater NYC area got that March 29 - 31 date. Got no text...Got no VIN...
not holding my breath. Only info from my SA was:

At this time, you are still in the queue awaiting a VIN to be applied to your account.

the best and only ETA available from Tesla is shown in your account, and we have no further insight regarding VIN assignment on our end.

Once a vehicle becomes available, you'll be notified.

Seems like a pile of East Coasters - specifically in the greater NYC area got that March 29 - 31 date. Got no text...Got no VIN...
not holding my breath. Only info from my SA was:

At this time, you are still in the queue awaiting a VIN to be applied to your account.

the best and only ETA available from Tesla is shown in your account, and we have no further insight regarding VIN assignment on our end.

Once a vehicle becomes available, you'll be notified.
Appreciate the info. I don't have an SA so I can't get info lol. My "SA" is from a gallery location and can't answer any account or sales questions. At least so he tells me.

I feel your pain man. I’m so over this process man. You got people who ordered in December getting their teslas before us September orders because they got FSD. Me getting a 7-seater added 3k to the price tag but I guess that added revenue drags me down -_-

so trash
....something about that third row maybe? supply chain issue for a bracket? Who knows but seeing a number of old orders pushed out recently that have the 7 seat config......

Is it though? I'm starting to wonder if everyone holding out for a 4680 will be doing so in vain. With the EPA announcing a new Model Y variant, I would almost imagine that there'd be the option for LR AWD (Freemont, 2170), Performance (Freemont, 2170) and the new AWD (Texas, 4680).

I was debating this by myself and I was thinking: if I was Tesla, I'd offer people with orders to switch to an immediate Texas 4680, but effectively switching the entire order out. That way you don't just put the new Texas 4680 AWD on the website that people could buy and take delivery right away while tons of people waiting for months wouldn't feel left out.

At least that's how I would do it. A lower range 4680 while keeping the current 2170 models going out of Freemont makes a TON of sense for Tesla for tons of reasons (from what I could gather). But that was my day dreaming moment of how I would do it.

Bottom line, I started having a fear that those waiting for a 4680 with an open order for a LR AWD MYLR would be waiting for nothing.

--------------

Side note: Delivery updates on my end, we've moved the update from Saturday to tomorrow. Excited to be picking it up soon. Doesn't even feel real after waiting this long that I won't be celebrating until I'm driving off the dealership with the car. The VIN to Delivery wait time (for those in South Florida) is probably one of the most brutal in the continental US.

No text. My EDD still showing "April 14 - May 12". I have given up hope, time to shop for other cars.
Sorry to hear that. I absolutely understand your frustration.

While you shop for other cars you should leave your order in place--it doesn't cost anything to keep it alive and you might get surprised. At least you will have more choices by not burning your bridges. Once you make it through all of Tesla's BS it is a pretty amazing car.

We were 3/14-29 for a long time (and underneath said “building your car”, then we’re suddenly pushed to 5/1-5/29, and have held there for a few weeks. And we planned a family car trip at the end of May. To top it off, we sold our other car in late Jan because we figured we could handle a bit more than a month with just one car. Ooof.
MN, OD 9/25. MYLR5, blue, B/W interior, tow. No FSD.

Got the same text than many yesterday night... and got a VIN (F402XXX) assigned today with planned delivery early next week.

OD 09/21 - SF Bay area
Most of the time my EDD was around 02/23 to 03/23 since order date.
Oscillated between an earliest EDD end December 2021 toward end of Q4 2021, to briefly 04/15 - 05/15 a couple of weeks ago before coming back to a 2 week 03/15 - 03/31 EDD until yesterday text.

MYLR 5 | Blue+White | 19" | no tow | no FSD
Confirmed AMD, li-ion 12V etc by the SA