Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to what the upgrade cost will be for a Sept. order date. The base price difference between the LR and the P as it was back in Sept.?
It would be $7,000 additional if I didn't purchase the rims, but $5,000 since we did purchase the rims. I am still on the fence. I dont really need the car since I'm WFH, but just getting inpatient.

They opened the change form for me and its the same pricing / options that I had before.

Do we have to pay down payment right away? Or we can pay on delivery date?
I'm not sure, with delivery center you can provide a cashiers check but I think with home delivery you have to prepay? They will drop-off the car (you don't even have to be there) and you accept it to unlock it

I didn't finance my car, so didn't get a ton of instructions other than to pay it off

I'm not sure, with delivery center you can provide a cashiers check but I think with home delivery you have to prepay? They will drop-off the car (you don't even have to be there) and you accept it to unlock it

I didn't finance my car, so didn't get a ton of instructions other than to pay it off
Planning to pay thru Plaid. Might have to ask delivery center first just to make sure.
Do you have a delivery time and day yet?
Not yet. Haven't received a message from delivery center.

Well the reschedule to California orders for EOQ is definitely in full swing. I just had my March 22-31 window push out to April 09 - May 07. Guess they will get back around to us folks outside of California in a few weeks. I am hoping not to break 200 days (currently at 184), but I guess we will see. I am sure the East Coasters who have been on hold for a week or two already will pick up early part of April. Us pacific northwesters probably don't pick back up until late April early May. Anyone been tracking these EOQ changes the last couple of quarters and see when the vins pick back up on each side of the country after an EOQ event?

Well the reschedule to California orders for EOQ is definitely in full swing. I just had my March 22-31 window push out to April 09 - May 07. Guess they will get back around to us folks outside of California in a few weeks. I am hoping not to break 200 days (currently at 184), but I guess we will see. I am sure the East Coasters who have been on hold for a week or two already will pick up early part of April. Us pacific northwesters probably don't pick back up until late April early May. Anyone been tracking these EOQ changes the last couple of quarters and see when the vins pick back up on each side of the country after an EOQ event?
Hmmm does the MY google doc data (in our forum) show any of this???

I'm curious as to what the upgrade cost will be for a Sept. order date. The base price difference between the LR and the P as it was back in Sept.?
I actually stopped in and asked an SA about it today. He said making the change would be at today's pricing, so while my MYLR config (white/white/20"/5/tow) is locked in at $57,990 if I changed to MYP (white/white/21"/5/tow) it would be 69,990. So an increase of $12,000 and it may or may not speed up delivery so there's no way I'm doing it and frankly I wouldn't even be tempted except I know how fun the M3P is!

He verified that insurance and registration info was filled out (didn't care about payment info) and said the only thing that may speed it up is adding FSD, which is a no for me. Ironically my EDD moved up today from Aug 8-Sep 4 to May 23-Jul 4 and I first saw it from inside the store. Coincidence?

Edit: I noticed after replying that a couple other people may have been told different stories on the pricing change. Goes to show how different SAs tell different stories?

Last edited:
Reactions: OmbreCake
Love seeing the VINs roll in for you Sept folks!!
Keeping fingers crossed that after EOQ, Tesla will keep pace and continue deliveries to those of us that reside on the outskirts of The Empire. Hopefully, October's deliveries will pick up pace! BTW you have the same configuration as me. It's been cool (and annoying) to see the burgeoning fleet of undelivered black and blue Model Y's in Austin! #GoTeamBlue

Reactions: Blueswoosh248