Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It depends on when you placed your order. Cost is based on Order Date. If you placed your order on or after January 17,2022 its 12K. IF you ordered prior, its 10K
So shifting the concept a bit, does one think that means those of us that picked MSM color when it was $1k, can now change our orders to say, white, get price lowered a grand, then switch back to MSM a thousand richer since its now a no extra cost color?

So shifting the concept a bit, does one think that means those of us that picked MSM color when it was $1k, can now change our orders to say, white, get price lowered a grand, then switch back to MSM a thousand richer since its now a no extra cost color?
No, the MSM will be the cost of what it was when you ordered. So if you added it back on it would be $1k.

Reactions: BGOwner
My EDD just changed yesterday morning from 4/23 - 5/21 to 7/24 - 9/18. Not happy :(.
7/24 - 9/18 was my EDD window for weeks. It just recently updated to 7/18 - 8/28. So I guess that’s something.

I think Tesla should explain their EDD algorithm so that everyone can understand why some people have to wait a year for their order while others wait half that time. And every time the EDD changes their should be a reason.

Long time lurker, first time poster. We finally received our model Y on 4/1, ordered 9/21/21. It was a super long wait, but worth it. We dropped off the Y for ppf at 6am on 4/2 and get it back today after work.

So excited to actually drive it more than 15 min lol.

View attachment 789992
If you don’t mind me asking, what state do you live in? I am guessing not the Midwest because you actually got your car lol

2 days after EOQ scramble - no talk of new VINs here.
I remember it was like this after the Dec' EOQ, quiet for a week or so before getting back to business.

IMHO nothing EDD related means much - when I used to take mine seriously I rushed electrician work etc, ordered accessories etc for late Feb, changed travel plans in March etc. It was all nonsense. OTOH my friend had his EDD Dec 2022 LR delivered unexpectedly about 3 weeks ago.
EDD may be good for 'entertainment value' but little use otherwise.
We've stopped paying attention to it - will act when notified of a VIN.

Received the below message this morning because my trade in offer expired. Accidentally removed the trade in when updating mileage. Do you guys know if I can add trade in after getting the VIN? ( I just called my SA and was told it is ok to add trade in and financing after I have a VIN).

Hello! This is Tesla Delivery Support.

Please log in to your account and complete any outstanding details on your account page. Without these completed your ETA may continue to be delayed.

If you're looking to do lending or leasing but do not wish you run a credit inquiry now, just select 'cash' for now. You may reach out here later to apply for lending or leasing once you have a VIN.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out here.

Last edited:
And you have a P on order? Not looking good for my non P EDD.

I keep thinking I should add FSD to speed up the delivery. My fear is that it doesn't help much and not sure I think it is worth close to $10k anyways...at least for me.

I keep thinking I should add FSD to speed up the delivery. My fear is that it doesn't help much and not sure I think it is worth close to $10k anyways...at least for me.
To each his own, but FSD is definitely not worth it to me. I rented a Model Y with FSD for a 10 day road trip last fall. Autopilot,which is included at no extra cost, fulfills my needs and then some. The Traffic Aware Cruise Control worked great, so did Autosteer and Auto Lane Change and they are included with Autopilot.

To each his own, but FSD is definitely not worth it to me. I rented a Model Y with FSD for a 10 day road trip last fall. Autopilot,which is included at no extra cost, fulfills my needs and then some. The Traffic Aware Cruise Control worked great, so did Autosteer and Auto Lane Change and they are included with Autopilot.

I agree with your conclusion but Auto Lane Change is not included with Autopilot. This is something I would actually want and pay for, but not $10k+.

Reactions: c77m