Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the below message this morning because my trade in offer expired. Accidentally removed the trade in when updating mileage. Do you guys know if I can add trade in after getting the VIN? ( I just called my SA and was told it is ok to add trade in and financing after I have a VIN).

Hello! This is Tesla Delivery Support.

Please log in to your account and complete any outstanding details on your account page. Without these completed your ETA may continue to be delayed.

If you're looking to do lending or leasing but do not wish you run a credit inquiry now, just select 'cash' for now. You may reach out here later to apply for lending or leasing once you have a VIN.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out here.
Yes, I was able to add a trade-in after my VIN assignment and then take it off again before delivery.

Reactions: g4indigo
Received the below message this morning because my trade in offer expired. Accidentally removed the trade in when updating mileage. Do you guys know if I can add trade in after getting the VIN? ( I just called my SA and was told it is ok to add trade in and financing after I have a VIN).

Hello! This is Tesla Delivery Support.

Please log in to your account and complete any outstanding details on your account page. Without these completed your ETA may continue to be delayed.

If you're looking to do lending or leasing but do not wish you run a credit inquiry now, just select 'cash' for now. You may reach out here later to apply for lending or leasing once you have a VIN.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out here.
Yes, it is actually recommended that you set this to no trade in until after you have a VIN, that way you dont have to worry about it expiring each time. Same with Payment method. SA can updated both Trade in and Payment method after VIN, so you can set them. Surprised they even emailed you. Most find out after their EDD pushes out and they read it here.

Reactions: g4indigo and DrGriz
To each his own, but FSD is definitely not worth it to me. I rented a Model Y with FSD for a 10 day road trip last fall. Autopilot,which is included at no extra cost, fulfills my needs and then some. The Traffic Aware Cruise Control worked great, so did Autosteer and Auto Lane Change and they are included with Autopilot.

I agree with your conclusion but Auto Lane Change is not included with Autopilot. This is something I would actually want and pay for, but not $10k+.

To each his own, but FSD is definitely not worth it to me. I rented a Model Y with FSD for a 10 day road trip last fall. Autopilot,which is included at no extra cost, fulfills my needs and then some. The Traffic Aware Cruise Control worked great, so did Autosteer and Auto Lane Change and they are included with Autopilot.
One thing you all are forgetting is you are basing your value on Enhanced AP features. There are some individuals with Beta access which I presume will be available to more people which use FSD for driving on city streets (taking left turns at stop lights, navigating roundabouts, turning right on stop signs, etc). So I feel like with more zero intervention drives it is important to factor in FSD Beta features when valuing the addon and not only base it on (Summon, Navigate on auotpilot, auto lane change, street light/stop sign chimes, and auto park).

One thing you all are forgetting is you are basing your value on Enhanced AP features. There are some individuals with Beta access which I presume will be available to more people which use FSD for driving on city streets (taking left turns at stop lights, navigating roundabouts, turning right on stop signs, etc). So I feel like with more zero intervention drives it is important to factor in FSD Beta features when valuing the addon and not only base it on (Summon, Navigate on auotpilot, auto lane change, street light/stop sign chimes, and auto park).
Good point, but I can always buy FSD later if it significantly improves, and could subscribe for a month to make sure it isn’t hype (which IMHO FSD currently is)—right now FSD won’t do that much more than AP.

Good point, but I can always buy FSD later if it significantly improves, and could subscribe for a month to make sure it isn’t hype (which IMHO FSD currently is)—right now FSD won’t do that much more than AP.
It’s definitely a tough call. If it wasn’t $2k more to upgrade after the fact then it would be an easier decision to try it out and then buy later for $10k.

By “auto” I mean when you activate the turn signal if the lane is clear the car will change lanes and that is included with Autopilot.

Interesting...do you have a Tesla? Can anyone confirm this? I was always under the impression that auto lane change, as you describe, wasn't included in the Autopilot, but instead needed FSD.

On the tesla website, Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability, it only list auto lane change under FSD.

Interesting...do you have a Tesla? Can anyone confirm this? I was always under the impression that auto lane change, as you describe, wasn't included in the Autopilot, but instead needed FSD.

On the tesla website, Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability, it only list auto lane change under FSD.
Auto lane change is part of FSD and not auto pilot.
Long time back tesla used to offer auto lane change feature for 4k. Wish that was still available now.

By “auto” I mean when you activate the turn signal if the lane is clear the car will change lanes and that is included with Autopilot.
Per Tesla:

Auto Lane Change
To initiate an automated lane change, you must first enable Auto Lane Changes through the Autopilot Controls menu within the Settings tab. Then when the car is in Autosteer, a driver must engage the turn signal in the direction that they would like to move. In some markets depending on local regulations, lane change confirmation can be turned off by accessing Controls > Autopilot > Customize Navigate on Autopilot and toggle ‘Lane Change Confirmation’ off.

I currently have a '21 M3 without FSD (just standard Autopilot) and do not have an option for "Auto Lane Changes" in my Autopilot menu. I believe you are mistaken.

2 days after EOQ scramble - no talk of new VINs here.
I remember it was like this after the Dec' EOQ, quiet for a week or so before getting back to business.

IMHO nothing EDD related means much - when I used to take mine seriously I rushed electrician work etc, ordered accessories etc for late Feb, changed travel plans in March etc. It was all nonsense. OTOH my friend had his EDD Dec 2022 LR delivered unexpectedly about 3 weeks ago.
EDD may be good for 'entertainment value' but little use otherwise.
We've stopped paying attention to it - will act when notified of a VIN.
While I agree that EDD's are complete non-sense, is there another way we can track expectations for our order? Either way, seems like we are in the dark until SA's reach out.

Since the model Y I rented HAD FSD, it wasn’t clear where AP features end and FSD features begin. I assumed it was included with Autosteer based on the way the owners manual is formatted. I stand corrected.

And you have a P on order? Not looking good for my non P EDD.

I keep thinking I should add FSD to speed up the delivery. My fear is that it doesn't help much and not sure I think it is worth close to $10k anyways...at least for me.
Switch to MYP, let your SA know. We did that less than 1 week we got a text, not the color we wanted but still happy we did it.
There’s no answers when the MYLR will come. Our OD was 09/21/21. Tesla is working on the S and X models because there were too many waiting for those models.
You won’t regret it! Love our MYP.

Reactions: ebNautilus
Switch to MYP, let your SA know. We did that less than 1 week we got a text, not the color we wanted but still happy we did it.
There’s no answers when the MYLR will come. Our OD was 09/21/21. Tesla is working on the S and X models because there were too many waiting for those models.
You won’t regret it! Love our MYP.

I have thought about that as well...would love to have a performance. Unfortunately, for my area that gets lots of snow, having lower ground clearance and low profile tires is not ideal. If I could get a stealth Performance I would be all over it.

And you have a P on order? Not looking good for my non P EDD.

I keep thinking I should add FSD to speed up the delivery. My fear is that it doesn't help much and not sure I think it is worth close to $10k anyways...at least for me.
Keep us posted if you add FSD. I need my car by mid May for a family road trip at the beginning of June. Hoping to get PPF and break it in before driving across country. Was planning to add FSD subscription for a month for the trip but real close to just biting the bullet and adding it on now if it means I get my car.