Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... so VIN assigned but then didn't get the actual VIN afterwards then means factory priority. What happens if I ask a SA to assign me a random car to get the VIN only to reject them later cause it's not my build / what I wanted... but I got the VIN, will that get me the factory priority.... May or may not be onto something here.

:) I think the VIN needs to be originally assigned by the factory for this to work. Otherwise I'm sure the loophole would've been found already. In my case, they said there were several folks whose VINs were reassigned to other customers because cars wouldn't reach them in time at EOQ.

Reactions: DrGriz and cc333
:) I think the VIN needs to be originally assigned by the factory for this to work. Otherwise I'm sure the loophole would've been found already. In my case, they said there were several folks whose VINs were reassigned to other customers because cars wouldn't reach them in time at EOQ.
Cries... I just want my MY, is that so hard to get?!?! I understand there's a lot of other problems out there, this is more of a first world problem, but... yeah the wait is no fun especially when summer's here and seems like I have to wait after summer, really hopes that's not the case.

Cries... I just want my MY, is that so hard to get?!?! I understand there's a lot of other problems out there, this is more of a first world problem, but... yeah the wait is no fun especially when summer's here and seems like I have to wait after summer, really hopes that's not the case.
I feel your pain, I was furious when my original VIN was unassigned. If I didn't get my VIN this week, I was ready to upgrade to MYP or FSD as a last ditch effort.

Reactions: cc333
My OD is 9/27 (got myself a 30th bday gift- LR, blue/black, 19’s, no tow or FSD) and the other day I was joking that I’ll be 31 by the time I receive my car.. well today my EDD window jumped from 4/28-5/26 to 8/11-10/6 so it might not really be far off from a joke 😔 My trade-in offer expired as well, should I update it or just leave it for now?

My OD is 9/27 (got myself a 30th bday gift- LR, blue/black, 19’s, no tow or FSD) and the other day I was joking that I’ll be 31 by the time I receive my car.. well today my EDD window jumped from 4/28-5/26 to 8/11-10/6 so it might not really be far off from a joke 😔 My trade-in offer expired as well, should I update it or just leave it for now?
If your trade in expired, that is probably why your EDD jumped out. Set your Trade in to No trade in, then once you get your VIN, your SA can reset this so you can get a new offer. Same with Finance, set to Cash as this also does not expire. Then when you get VIN, if you want to finance, SA will reset this also.

You have the exact same order date as me (and birthday coincidently) and had the same EDD before yours got pushed out. Your expired trade in offer is almost 100% the reason it got pushed out.

Who knew how much this order completion business would affect us at this stage? I am so glad I went to cash/no trade in September and didn't fiddle with it after that, even when they asked me about trade-in in December, thanks to what I read here. I imagine we are dealing with a parts shortage right now. Maybe they are starting a factory changeover in Fremont. At any rate, it appears that they are slowing production of MYs and it is really having an affect on order fulfillments.

My EDD just moved up a bit and shrunk from a month long window to 4/26-5/7. This happened to me before in March so not getting my hopes up. However, I believe my end of March EDD got pushed out because they decided to switch over all EOQ deliveries to the west coast. Should be East coast turn now. 🤞
I have almost the same EDD!
Your window is actually shorter than mine. Mine is 4/26 - 5/9.
🤞🤞🤞 for the East coast!!

So the new MIT Austin standard range will be priced at $59,990 and be up on the site in the coming weeks, maybe days. 50 miles less range but 3K less in price than Freemont. Gotta wonder if Tesla will offer a $3k discount to those already on the waiting list if they agree to switch to an Austin Model and maybe get their car sooner. Pretty sure this will impact the EDD's for most folks in the near future, but probably not us September orders. Personally I prefer the Freemont model and have no interest in a reduced range model. Gonna be interesting times ahead.

So the new MIT Austin standard range will be priced at $59,990 and be up on the site in the coming weeks, maybe days. 50 miles less range but 3K less in price than Freemont. Gotta wonder if Tesla will offer a $3k discount to those already on the waiting list if they agree to switch to an Austin Model and maybe get their car sooner. Pretty sure this will impact the EDD's for most folks in the near future, but probably not us September orders. Personally I prefer the Freemont model and have no interest in a reduced range model. Gonna be interesting times ahead.
3k discount is not enough after all this time we have waited. BUT, would make mine $50,990 plus the $1k for MSM. Naw, still want that LR. Guess I may have to buy my own Privacy Cover.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz