Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be picking up my MYP Wednesday. Will report back if I am getting the mobile charger. Bear in mind, my tesla was loaded onto the train from freemont on 4/12 before elon tweeted about the chargers, it's probably in there, unless they will remove it at the delivery center.

So as soon as I posted this, got a call from local SA that my delivery will be delayed due to delays in transportation. Now my new date is 4/25. Tesla took the downpayment from my account on 4/12 as soon as I linked it. First bank payment is due on 5/08

Today 4/14/2022, I change from a forum lurker to a contributor. At 4:40pm EST I received an email from Tesla asking me to finalize my payment, so I checked the app and saw that beautiful alphanumerical sequence.

VIN NF42#### Arlington, VA
Order and Profile complete date: 9/13/2021. EDD Feb 2022. MSM/Black 20"/Tow/No-FSD. No Trade-In. Cash (3rd party financing)
March 22, 2022 I changed to white exterior. Yes, locked in September order price. I hopped on the edit design train and mess around a bit. Changed to White. Saved $1k on paint. Premium connectivity trial shortened from 1 year to 30 days. I originally could not decide between MSM and White. Really loved the MSM and thought what is another $1k on a $60k purchase? Changed to white cause:
1. Virginia gets quite hot. I also drive to FL a few times a year.
2. White is multi coat
3. If the paint is going to take a beating regardless, why waste another 1k? I will still apply front PPF
4. That white and 20" wheel look is NICE
5. I have thought about wrapping the whole car in a stealth gray, so why waste $1k on MSM?

EDD Emotional Trauma Journal: I check the app a lot... don't.
OD: 9/13/21 EDD Feb 2022
1. Dec 2021 new EDD: Jan 2022. Man, I was so EXCITED. Little did I know...
2. Jan 4th 2022: Late Jan 2022 (2 week window)
...*EDD delays constantly happened +2/-2 days from EDD window*...
3. Mar 2022: Mid March to Mid April (1 month window)
4. Mar 22 2022: DESIGN EDIT. No EDD change
5. Mar 2022 (late): April 16 - May 14
6. Apr 12 2022: April 26 - May 7
7. Apr 14 4:40PM: BOOM! Got the "Pay up" email and saw VIN in the app. Delivery April 27-May 3

I cannot wait to try the $2k acceleration boost :cool:
And of yeah, the app has been super slow recently. Good luck to everyone and me on delivery day. Time to scare my bank account sh**less 😭
Alright friends. 04/18 they texted me to schedule delivery: April 27-May 1. Selected April 30th pick up. VIN is Fremont 422.

I went with DCU auto loan. Their advertised rate of 2.24% already includes the 0.50% checking pay-check-direct-deposit discount. Fuel-efficient vehicle discount of 0.25% will lower it to 1.99%. This reddit post is up to date on the application process. I want to add a few things:
1. Call Tesla and tell them you are going with DCU. They will update your MVPA to say "Digital Federal Credit Union." You will need this. During DCU account opening, DO NOT apply for auto loan.
2. After you open the savings, go ahead and open a checking too.
3. During account opening they will ask you a few identity verification questions such as "which of the following address have you lived at:..." You need to answer these at a brisk pace, but read the questions carefully.
4. Have your driver's license (front and back) or passport and SSN scanned and ready to go on your computer. Once your checking is open, start the auto loan.
5. I was instantly approved. MYLR 09/21 pricing. OTD $61k: 55k loan, rest in down payment. You will need to upload the MVPA. I got a call the next day from a loan rep. We went over the terms, finalized the loan, sent out the check, and done. No early payoff penalty (but why would you at 1.99% lol).

I watched a few PPF DIY videos and decided to try that over shops that charge $1800+. Bought the 3M Model Y kit on ebay for $290. Will let yall know how that goes. Contemplating buying more PPF film to cut and apply on vulnerable spots.

Called Tesla and confirmed I do have AMD, 12v, and mobile connector for household outlet. Only April orders starting last week will not come with one. Tesla Insurance launched in Virginia Monday 4/18. Some coworkers managed to get a quote through the app. Update the app first. However, I was stuck on this loop:
1. Open App -> Delivery -> Insurance -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote
2. Opens web page -> scroll down -> Get Tesla Insurance -> Opens App -> Get Tesla Insurance Quote (button again)
3. Opens web page -> (loops forever)
The phone rep had no idea and said to wait a day or two since it just launched in Virginia.

Good luck everyone. Will update after delivery ;):cool:

People seem to forget that they ordered a vehicle during the worst supply chain crisis the auto industry has ever seen. You are only as fast as your slowest supplier. Legacy auto makers for many models are still 12+ months behind or you are paying crazy ADM's to get one sooner. Frankly Tesla is weathering this storm way better than all the other manufacturers. Relax and you car will come.
Partly agree. Supply chain issue is correct, but delivery system is bonkers. Folks ordered three months after you with the same specific trim can get before you or if you just add FSD, which is software and not hardware, you can get early. Also, in many cases those getting early are not just the rejected VINS from someone else.

Reactions: Silence88
Partly agree. Supply chain issue is correct, but delivery system is bonkers. Folks ordered three months after you with the same specific trim can get before you or if you just add FSD, which is software and not hardware, you can get early. Also, in many cases those getting early are not just the rejected VINS from someone else.
& the profile completion date is what gets me, was misinformed by Tesla & didn't complete until closer EDD which I start checking the forum only to find out I have to complete the payment, selecting cash as placeholder. Then I went from June into Sept.

People seem to forget that they ordered a vehicle during the worst supply chain crisis the auto industry has ever seen. You are only as fast as your slowest supplier. Legacy auto makers for many models are still 12+ months behind or you are paying crazy ADM's to get one sooner. Frankly Tesla is weathering this storm way better than all the other manufacturers. Relax and you car will come.
I agree with the general sentiment of being patient during the supply chain crisis, but I feel what's most frustrating for many (including me) is the lack of communication regarding delivery.
Personally, one big reason for me to go with Tesla and not other EVs/cars was not dealing with dealerships. But considering my options are:
  • Wait 6-8 months with absolutely no communications (or in worse case, being told entirely different things like in case of profile completion)
  • Pay extra for upgrades that's the user does not really require - not much different from dealers asking >MSRP
  • Subscribe to inventory notifications and pray that you are quick enough to pay for it the moment it gets listed. I missed out on existing inventory thrice - twice because I couldn't make my mind up quick enough about paying CAD6k more for approx the same config. And the third time (just yesterday) when the MYLR got listed and sold in under 3 minutes which was the time it took me to drop everything and get on my laptop.
Honestly, with my dates randomly getting pushed to July-Sept been given mixed information from different SAs, I really don't feel the difference with being frustrated with Tesla over all this and haggling with dealerships. Getting a >CAD70k car shouldn't be this frustrating!

I agree with the general sentiment of being patient during the supply chain crisis, but I feel what's most frustrating for many (including me) is the lack of communication regarding delivery.
Personally, one big reason for me to go with Tesla and not other EVs/cars was not dealing with dealerships. But considering my options are:
  • Wait 6-8 months with absolutely no communications (or in worse case, being told entirely different things like in case of profile completion)
  • Pay extra for upgrades that's the user does not really require - not much different from dealers asking >MSRP
  • Subscribe to inventory notifications and pray that you are quick enough to pay for it the moment it gets listed. I missed out on existing inventory thrice - twice because I couldn't make my mind up quick enough about paying CAD6k more for approx the same config. And the third time (just yesterday) when the MYLR got listed and sold in under 3 minutes which was the time it took me to drop everything and get on my laptop.
Honestly, with my dates randomly getting pushed to July-Sept been given mixed information from different SAs, I really don't feel the difference with being frustrated with Tesla over all this and haggling with dealerships. Getting a >CAD70k car shouldn't be this frustrating!

My post was primarily directed at people constantly complaining about EDD changes. EDD is exactly what it states "Estimated". My original EDD stated April and it still shows end of April to end of May. This forum is a niche within a niche and account for a fraction of a % of actual owners and orders.

I do 100% agree Tesla needs to train and educate SA's much more. Right now its a roll of the dice if you get a phenomenal SA or a bad one. My SA was promoted and she still responds quick when I reach out.

As far as paying extra for upgrades the only noticeable difference in EDD's is if you get a 100% base vehicle vs 1+ options. Paying for FSD makes a marginal difference (sometimes) but tesla and everyone else will prioritize higher profit vehicles. This is the same with legacy automakers currently. Expect to wait a long time for a base vehicle order.

As far as legacy auto makers in this market there is essentially no haggling on cars especially the hot cars. For instance my friend has had a Mach-E on order since September 21 and when he ordered his estimate from the dealer was "over a year". His other option was going out and paying 10 to 20k markup on one that was on a lot at a different dealer.

I think the communication from legacy dealerships goes like this: "It'll be 6 months or more until you get your car. We'll let you know when it arrives." No EDD drama or transparency.