Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys, I need your help. I am selling my current car to Carmax. When do you think I should do that? Same day as delivery? Day before?

They said it is estimated that my Tesla will arrive May 10th but it could come early or later (highly unlikely).

It is already on its way. Do you think I could get it early? I had my insurance start on May 1 just in case.
If you're using some money from your car sale towards the MY, definitely sell it a few days early. Need to make sure that check clears in time, otherwise....you'll have to make up the funds elsewhere. I'm doing the same and figure I'll Uber to work for a few days if needed.

Regarding your accessories comment, I got the precut PPF kit from Xpel (Bearded Tesla Guy on YT has a video and a promo code on it from a shop in Canada). I opted for the full front (hood, bumper, panels). Was around 6 to 700ish USD at the time. My local shops are between 2 and 2.5k for the same cover and install. Figure I'd try it myself and see what happens.

Also opted for BASENOR mudflaps on Amazon. They got great reviews but I'm slightly skeptical with them bc they are solid and provide no give. Depending on ground clearance, it could end up being an issue but we will see.

If you're using some money from your car sale towards the MY, definitely sell it a few days early. Need to make sure that check clears in time, otherwise....you'll have to make up the funds elsewhere. I'm doing the same and figure I'll Uber to work for a few days if needed.

Regarding your accessories comment, I got the precut PPF kit from Xpel (Bearded Tesla Guy on YT has a video and a promo code on it from a shop in Canada). I opted for the full front (hood, bumper, panels). Was around 6 to 700ish USD at the time. My local shops are between 2 and 2.5k for the same cover and install. Figure I'd try it myself and see what happens.

Also opted for BASENOR mudflaps on Amazon. They got great reviews but I'm slightly skeptical with them bc they are solid and provide no give. Depending on ground clearance, it could end up being an issue but we will see.
I was thinking about getting the protective coat but my car practically lives in a parking garage. I literally drive 2 miles a day to the gym and back.

I have an e bike and live downtown so I could totally sell my car now and survive. I just am so nervous with Tesla. I want to make sure I have an exact delivery date.

They said they would reach out once my car was closer to FL so I could schedule an actual pick up date. I think once I have that date I will sell.

I was thinking about getting the protective coat but my car practically lives in a parking garage. I literally drive 2 miles a day to the gym and back.

I have an e bike and live downtown so I could totally sell my car now and survive. I just am so nervous with Tesla. I want to make sure I have an exact delivery date.

They said they would reach out once my car was closer to FL so I could schedule an actual pick up date. I think once I have that date I will sell.
Just know even when you do have your delivery date, Tesla could delay it due to unforeseen circumstances. I had it happen with my Model 3 last August. Delivery date was scheduled, but was pushed back a few days literally the day before delivery day due to some sort of transport delay.