Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went today to Tesla in Fremont to address the issues with my MYLR:
[1] MY do NOT come with a Mobile Connector (unless you take delivery in Texas), even for order taken as early as September 2021 like mine; this is surprising, as the order screen (in September 2021) clearly said 'Mobile Connector' included. I finally got a 'voucher' for $200 that covers part of the MC cost ($200+$21taxes in Alameda County) with delivery in 1 week. Suggestion: order the MC (or the wall at $400) as soon as you get your VIN -would not have changed anything for me as I got the VIN the day before delivery-
[2] The car was delivered 8/23 at 1PM, but was not really 'sold' until today 8/23 at 1PM when I 'updated' the Tesla APP in the Fremont Office. In the meantime, it was in 'limbo' in my garage.
[3] The main issue is that the trim across the car above the steering wheel (where the sun shades are fixed) is loose, with a gap of about 3 inches (70mm) between the trim and the roof. Tesla Fremont told me to file a 'service request' to get it fixed at home. In the meantime, the car is not really drivable unless I fix the trim with duck tape ;-)
[4] the other issues are body panel mis-alignment [4a] hood is sunk by 4mm [4b] hatch door hatch top has a large gap of 12mmx6mmx1mm in the FrontBack-TopBottom-LeftRight 3-D axis [4c] paint chip on the rear door & scratches on the wheel [4d] other minor misalignments.
I could only file 1 service request for all these problems, and schedule an 'at home' repair next week.
It would have been quite simple to get all these repairs done at the Fremont facility, if only I had taken delivery there !

[1] MY do NOT come with a Mobile Connector (unless you take delivery in Texas), even for order taken as early as September 2021 like mine; this is surprising, as the order screen (in September 2021) clearly said 'Mobile Connector' included. I finally got a 'voucher' for $200 that covers part of the MC cost ($200+$21taxes in Alameda County) with delivery in 1 week. Suggestion: order the MC (or the wall at $400) as soon as you get your VIN -would not have changed anything for me as I got the VIN the day before delivery-
[2] The car was delivered 8/23 at 1PM, but was not really 'sold' until today 8/23 at 1PM when I 'updated' the Tesla APP in the Fremont Office. In the meantime, it was in 'limbo' in my garage.
[3] The main issue is that the trim across the car above the steering wheel (where the sun shades are fixed) is loose, with a gap of about 3 inches (70mm) between the trim and the roof. Tesla Fremont told me to file a 'service request' to get it fixed at home. In the meantime, the car is not really drivable unless I fix the trim with duck tape ;-)
[4] the other issues are body panel mis-alignment [4a] hood is sunk by 4mm [4b] hatch door hatch top has a large gap of 12mmx6mmx1mm in the FrontBack-TopBottom-LeftRight 3-D axis [4c] paint chip on the rear door & scratches on the wheel [4d] other minor misalignments.
I could only file 1 service request for all these problems, and schedule an 'at home' repair next week.
It would have been quite simple to get all these repairs done at the Fremont facility, if only I had taken delivery there !

Attachments

• MYLR-FallingTrim.JPG
    MYLR-FallingTrim.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 94
Tesla decided they could not do the repair at home. I have an appointment in Fremont next Friday; hope they can fix the issues. As I cannot recharge the MY (no Mobile Connector with the car ordered 7/17/21) I will have to run on the existing juice !

tesla QA is going bad to worse... probably next year, all these monopoly crap will go away... there will be so many options for the consumer to pick...
this is unacceptable
i am picking up my car on 8/29.. i have so much anxiety now... worst customer service... you can't reach anyone over the phone... the SA's don't really know what the hell is going on? pissed off..

tesla QA is going bad to worse... probably next year, all these monopoly crap will go away... there will be so many options for the consumer to pick...
this is unacceptable
i am picking up my car on 8/29.. i have so much anxiety now... worst customer service... you can't reach anyone over the phone... the SA's don't really know what the hell is going on? pissed off..
Agree with most of this sentiment. I pick up on the 27th.

I cannot recharge the MY (no Mobile Connector with the car ordered 7/17/21) I will have to run on the existing juice !

This is an unwarranted response. He was promised a MC 11 months ago and Tesla didn’t deliver. Unacceptable. Period.
I understand the UMC should have come with the car. But, claiming “I cannot recharge the MY”, “I will have to run on existing juice!” is dramatic.

Stop being so dramatic, you can visit a Supercharger. You’re in the Bay Area, there’s tons of them around.
Noted: I will try to be less dramatic ... or is it ironic ? I also have an non-Tesla EV charger that I could rig in an emergency, but I will wait until the car is repaired at the factory.
The MYLR was my 3rd electric car, and I am surprised to see how badly the body of this 'August 21, 2021' MYLR was put together.
There might also be a fundamental issue with Fremont assembly; for example, the gap between the aluminum front hood and the body varies from 2mm to 5mm in the horizontal plane, and -2mm to +4 mm in the vertical plane using the body as reference. The visual effect is not very pleasant; as a comparison, the doors/body gaps in my daughter 15-years old Civic are very consistent at 3mm +/- 0.5mm horizontal and 0.5mm vertical.
Weirdly enough, it seems that the 3-D aluminum hood shape does not even match the body opening ! Is it possible that a mismatched aluminum hood was used ?

As far as my car is concerned, I guess that I got an 'end-of-shift' car that was sloppy assembled and skipped final inspection. See what the factory says when I bring it back tomorrow to Fremont.

The MYLR was my 3rd electric car, and I am surprised to see how badly the body of my 'August 21, 2021 Fremont Production MYLR' was put together.
There might also be a fundamental issue with Fremont assembly; for example, the gap between the aluminum front hood and the body varies from 2mm to 5mm in the horizontal plane, and -2mm to +4 mm in the vertical plane using the body as reference. The visual effect is not very pleasant; as a comparison, the doors/body gaps in my daughter 15-years old Civic are very consistent at 3mm +/- 0.5mm horizontal and 0.5mm vertical.

Weirdly enough, it seems that the 3-D aluminum hood shape does not match the body opening ! Is it possible that a mismatched aluminum hood was used?

Tomorrow -a day after delivery- I am bringing the car back to Fremont for a number of issues e.g. a falling trim panel above the steering wheel. I believe that my car skipped final inspection :) I will make sure that they look at the hood as well.

Yep- still waiting. I’ve had multiple two
week windows starting July 30. The two week windows keep being pushed out. Currently an EDD of September 7th- September 21. If I remember correctly - you added FSD??? Ugh. This wait is awful.
Yep, similar experience to you; 2-week window slipping and slipping :(

Yes, you are correct, I added FSD a week or so ago but I removed it as I knew I wasn't going to keep it and am doubting it was going to help delivery. Plus I was a little nervous that something would happen and I would be stuck with it.

Good luck to you though and I feel your pain.

Reactions: Phollow
Yep- still waiting. I’ve had multiple two
week windows starting July 30. The two week windows keep being pushed out. Currently an EDD of September 7th- September 21. If I remember correctly - you added FSD??? Ugh. This wait is awful.
We are still waiting as well…OD was 9/11/21. MYLR, Red, black/white interior, Tow hitch. Current ED Sept 18- Oct 16. And yes, it keeps getting pushed out. So frustrating! Our kids ordered their MYLR w/FSD 2/22, delivered 4/22. So happy for them but really want our car!

Reactions: Phollow
We are still waiting as well…OD was 9/11/21. MYLR, Red, black/white interior, Tow hitch. Current ED Sept 18- Oct 16. And yes, it keeps getting pushed out. So frustrating! Our kids ordered their MYLR w/FSD 2/22, delivered 4/22. So happy for them but really want our car!
It’s SOOO frustrating. Fingers crossed, for all of us, that September is our lucky month.

Reactions: Stirfry