Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service and repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all, just joined this forum as I am keen to enter into the Tesla vehicle experience. My question is about servicing and vehicle maintenance. Living in Cornwall it looks like my nearest service centre is Bristol. That's a lot of distance to travel for warranty work or servicing, are there any other options I have missed.

HI all, just joined this forum as I am keen to enter into the Tesla vehicle experience. My question is about servicing and vehicle maintenance. Living in Cornwall it looks like my nearest service centre is Bristol. That's a lot of distance to travel for warranty work or servicing, are there any other options I have missed.

I don't know where the Brittish service centers are but I can tell you we have had one Model 3 for 15 months and the other one for 10 months and neither one of them has needed any service over the previous 21,000 miles (except for tire rotation which I did in our carport).

Reactions: NeverFollow
Thanks for that, I know the Tesla cars require very little maintenance, just more for piece of mind. I have checked and there is a new service centre opening in Exeter soon which is about 80 miles or so from me. I think there is also a mobile service they have as well. Now can’t decide between model 3 or S.

Now can’t decide between model 3 or S.

There are several threads dealing with this issue providing PROS and CONS.

But beside the price difference, it really depend of your family size and usage.

The Model S provides certainly a nicer ride because of the suspension, more luxury and practicality because of the hatchback.

However the Model 3 might be more easy to drive in a city, the trunk is quite large, but there is a 18" height limitation below the speaker shelf.
If you carry only suitcases this would be fine, but for larger furniture your could get a tow hitch option or a roof rack if the trunk is an issue.

Of course, the Model Y would be a good compromise but it is not yet available....

Note: There are also various YouTube channels which could be of interest.
In particular Tesla Driver who is based in Bath, but visit many cities in UK to review the AutoPilot on various roads.
He has an MX and just got an MP3.

Last edited: