Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service appointments in US when coming from Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO, one of my tire sensors malfuctioned (that popup warnning message is so annoying) along with my trunk not opening durring lightshows and the vanishing of FM radio after I a did a reset, thought its time to get some service.

I reside in Canada and the closests service center is in Michigan, my car is a 2022 so it should ne covered. Wondering if had service performed in USA will cost me anything......I mean other than time, border fees ?

Dont think they will hand me a loaner, so hopefully I can wait. Anyone had some experience or useful knowledge, please chime in.

M

This depends on whether the car manufacturer has it's US and Canadian corporations separate or combined. I'm not sure how Tesla is organized. When US and Canada are the same company it's usually no issue. For example you can drive into any Mazda dealer in North America and get warranty repairs, because all those claims are with Mazda North America Operations. Honda is completely separate and a US dealer has no way to get paid for warranty work on a Canadian car.

I was curious about this when I saw the question. The 5 minutes of googling I did yesterday when I saw the question turned up a few threads on reddit. I dont normally "do" reddit, but looked at these threads and saw people saying that this specific thing had been done (people from Canada getting cars serviced in the US, and vis versa).

Well I made the appointment weeks ago, no response from tesla (App) I got an email confirmation of my appointment, stated my issues with car but nothing (automated text confimation).

So I'm on step 1---even tought it says "prepairing or a cost estimate will appear here.blah blah blah"

I gotta cross border (pay borders fees, hour drive) SO I curious as to what to expect. Is it just like other service centers----pull up to the drive thru, talk to people at desk, sit and wait in lounge while waiting for tech to talk to me) ?

Well I made the appointment weeks ago, no response from tesla (App) I got an email confirmation of my appointment, stated my issues with car but nothing (automated text confimation).

So I'm on step 1---even tought it says "prepairing or a cost estimate will appear here.blah blah blah"

I gotta cross border (pay borders fees, hour drive) SO I curious as to what to expect. Is it just like other service centers----pull up to the drive thru, talk to people at desk, sit and wait in lounge while waiting for tech to talk to me) ?

You are going to want to call the service center and ask them those questions, including whether they will cover warranty service. Find the number online for your local service center, call it, and listen carefully to the prompts and select any prompt that says you are calling "about a vehicle in service". This normally routes to the local service center.

If you get them on the phone,. tell them you have an appointment on X date, but wanted to make sure it would be covered, due to border fees etc.

Reactions: Technokrat
well I got a text concerning problems. No answer to weather its covered in U.S. as of yet.

On a positive note I did FINALLY get the new update and magically my FM radio stations came back.....so one less fix they need to work on.

Still having truck issues (durring light show only) and the failed tire (TPMS) failure........so I will wait for that call.

m

Service center Clarkston Michigan experience: upon arrival the service tab on phone app gets locked out and no phone or key fob needed. They don’t allow Canadians to drive loaners. They adjusted my trunk for lightshows and replaced TPMs sensor all under warranty. 1 .5 hours wait time. Tyler service advisor was great at his job-keeping me apprised. Long drive (52%) battery consumption round trip. Overall I’m happy first time experience.