Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center coming to Bakersfield, according to a Tesla Mobile Service tech

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

A few days ago I had the opportunity to chat with a Tesla Mobile Service tech who works in the California Central Valley, and he informed me that this year a Tesla Service Center will open in Bakersfield. That’s all the info I have. Maybe some Tesla owners in the Bakersfield area can do some sleuthing...

Reactions: Tam
Good news for California Central Valley indeed.

Closest Service Center for me is Monerey-Seaside in the west which is about 170 miles away but due to the lack of major highways, it just takes too long to drive.

Fastest way to reach a Service Center is about 200 miles north or south with convenient highways of CA-99 and I-5.

So, Bakersfield will be ideal for saving me 100 miles of travel and save me lots of time due to majore highway of CA-99.

Thanks for the tip!

We are rumored to be getting one in Fresno too, unless Bakersfield has supplanted Fresno as the location for the San Joaquin Valley. But a 2-hour drive down 99 is much preferred to a 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 hour drive over Pacheco Pass to Seaside.

Plus, there is so much to do in Bakersfield!

Fresno certainly deserves it’s own service center, which can then also serve owners in Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, Madera, etc.

There also should be a service center in Stockton.

Of the many extremely difficult challenges that are part of starting a new car company from scratch, building a service center network is certainly one of them.

There are a lot of EV startups these days, and I’m always amused when people go nuts over companies like Rivian, which has shown a prototype of a very promising vehicle, but has no service network, no charging network, and no functioning factory. I hope they make it, but the odds are long.

I have gone off topic, so I’m expecting the moderator to slap my wrist...OUCH!...so I will stop now before I hurt myself. :cool:

Last edited:
Is the Bakersfield service Center live? Can’t schedule it online yet.

123A0386-21AC-4427-BBDB-6B90507CDA38.jpeg

I had the pleasure of speaking to the mobile tech here in Bakersfield last week when he looked at my car. He informed me that they were close to finishing up the center but probably won’t be done until mid to end of May. It’s not a full blown service center...more like a Service Lite. Tesla took over the Solar City building and converted it into what you’re seeing on the map. It’s not big but it’s definitely something.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam and Az_Rael
We are rumored to be getting one in Fresno too, unless Bakersfield has supplanted Fresno as the location for the San Joaquin Valley. But a 2-hour drive down 99 is much preferred to a 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 hour drive over Pacheco Pass to Seaside.

Plus, there is so much to do in Bakersfield!

Fresno Ranger said Fresno service center will be open in a matter of weeks. It’s apparently going to be on Fowler and Shields.

As a central valley resident, I was thrilled to notice Tesla's new service center in Bakersfield. The next closest were Van Nuys and Burbank, a 166 mile, 3 hour drive away which I was getting rather tired of! Now to see Fresno is getting one too - that's two new SCs in my neck of the woods within the space of one month - absolutely shocking! Well I already had scheduled my appointment in Bakersfield and will be heading there tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Edit: Checking the page on Tesla's website again, I'm seeing lots of new service centers suddenly popping up around the country. This is great news and it shows Tesla is now getting serious about it.

"We’re opening a lot of Tesla service centers next year, including Knoxville. Tesla will post upcoming city opening map this week." — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 11, 2018

And now it's happening! :)

Last edited: