Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Delay Help - Trunk Latch Not Unlocking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

My trunk has been unable to unlock for about 1 month. When I push the physical trunk button, nothing happens. When I try the screen, it briefly says opening then back to the open button. When I try the app, nothing happens. In order to open the trunk, I have to put down the back seat and hit the manual trunk release. Pretty annoying when its your daily driver and need to space to put all the kids' stuff.

Scheduled mobile service, first appointment came with no show. Texted mobile service, they said waiting on part. Following week, received notification part arrived, mobile service appt made for following week. Mobile service tech arrives, the part ordered was apparently the frunk latch/motor and not the trunk latch/motor (despite my mobile service request correctly stating it was a trunk latch problem). Tech ordered part and said they will reschedule service once arrives. 1 week passes, no contact. I tried texting mobile service for update, no answer. I made another mobile service appt, day before appt I get text that they are still waiting for part.

So now it has been a month trying to get this fixed, delayed 2 of those weeks because they ordered the wrong part initially and didn't scan for error codes prior to the first mobile service appt. It's getting really annoying not being able to use the trunk: no grocery runs, can't shuttle the kids around with all their stuff. I asked about getting loaner vehicle, no acknowledgement by mobile service that they even read my message.

My VIN 005xxx. Back in those days the recommendation was to email [email protected], but that seems to be a black hole these days. Any suggestions for escalation?