Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in Balitmore Area, Owings Mills?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been thinking about buying a Tesla. I have driven the S, X, and 3 and liked all three. Lean toward the 3 with the performance upgrades except I am finding the seats uncomfortable. While I mull that over, I did a little checking about service. Tesla definitly gets mixed reviews on service. Which leads to a two-fold question. When there are service issues, is it more a matter of being patient, or are there things that just don't get fixed, don't get fixed properly, or only get fixed after totally excessive waits? Is Tesla in Owings Mills decent? They are closest to me. I live in Hunt Valley.

That's a very busy service center. All the service employees are consistently busy, therefore they're not around to answer the phone, making them hard to get a hold of. It took a week for them to change out my battery pack, most of which was waiting on the part to come in from California. They gave me a loaner S60 in the mean time. I was pleased with the quality of the work they did, and I haven't had an issue since then.

Thanks for the feedback, ckoval. I wonder if your experience is representative. Have you heard from others at all? Right now I am in a bit of a bind. I am interested, but I live in a condo without a charger. There are enough chargers around that I could probably manage, but--as you doubtless know--only one supercharger in the Baltimore area. Also, I found the Tesla 3 seats problematic (along with, apparently, many others), though that might be a solvable problem. I have not ruled out an S or an X, but am hesitant to spend that kind of money on a car--more of a psychological problem than a financial one.

I used that service center a couple of times and never had an issue. One involved repairing some damage in the hood and I had my car back in a couple of days (they gave me a loaner). Another one was for the one year service (that is really not needed) and I waited there The 2 hours it took to complete. It is tue that they are busy, but they will transfer the call to another call center if no one answers. I find that using the app to request service is a much better option. I used the app for new tires and they replied very fast. Get the PlugShare app to see other options for charging in your area.

Used Owings Mills for service for a number of years (until they now have Lancaster, PA open which is 20 minutes from my house). Found them to be extremely competent. Communications can always be somewhat difficult, but they always seemed to get the job done correctly for me. You also have access to the Mobile Service guys (who even serviced me here in York PA). They get my absolute highest rating!

Anyone taken the Tesla in for service at the Owings Mills location recently? I have an appt scheduled for next week for a likely faulty onboard charger. What are the odds I will be able to get a loaner? UBer credits won't cut it for me if the repair will take more than a day.

Yeah, they offered me $100/day in uber credits, but Uber doesn't get me to work, so I had to rent a car.
Took my car back (still can only fast charge) yesterday. They told me that parts were ordered and they would let me know when they come in so they can finish the job, but they have no ETA on when the parts will arrive. Said they ordered a new power conversion system and charge port, and it's all covered under warranty.
I've now exhausted all of my free referral Supercharger miles, so hopefully the parts come in quick because the charging fees will add up!

Dropped off my 3 for another service appointment to attach the middle rear seatbelt buckle (which they disconnected and forgot to reattach when they completed service work the last time), take care of a leaky frunk, tire rotation, and I wanted a repair estimate for the rear bumper as I got rear ended which resulted in paint scrapes and a busted reflector.

When I went to pick up my car (got the notice the same day I dropped off), I found that the rear seatbelt was NOT reattached, no tire rotation done, and they didn't do a repair estimate either. I got the service department to at least fix the seatbelt (luckily it was a 5 minute job) on the spot, but the other items (tire rotation, repair estimate) did not get done. Quite miffed that I booked this appointment nearly 4 weeks out and they barely completed half the items I requested. Guess I'll make them come out for a tire rotation (cost is $50 either way), but to get a repair estimate I'll need to go back AGAIN.

C- service experience.