Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set delayed charging from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every Monday night I have to go into my car to set delayed charging (100% leave at 5am) because I have to make a long trip the day after. I cannot believe I’m the only one who finds this annoying!

I don’t get it.
What’s holding Tesla back from adding options like delayed charging to the app? All models can benefit from this.

Reactions: matija and Msjulie
Probably because not enough customers have requested it.

You can set up TeslaFi to change the charge limit and charge time at a specific day and time. I use it to charge to 90% instead of 80% at my normally scheduled charge time at night and then charge to 100% just before we leave on long trips. I'm sure other apps can do the same. Not sure if any are free.

Stats for IOS lets you do this for a one time app cost instead of a subscription if that's how you prefer to roll. It's called smart battery prep and you can set multiple profiles for different days of the week or a single use profile that doesn't repeat. Both are great programs and I'm sure there are others.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-5_8-38-0.png
    upload_2020-5-5_8-38-0.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Helpful
Reactions: EVNation
You know delayed charging sounded like a great idea to me until the first day I used it a transformer blew in front of my house right at 3 or 4am. So instead of waking up to a car charged at 80% I had a car charged at 50%. Luckily my commute at that time was only 60 miles total. But after that I’ve never turned delayed charging back on.

Sadly you never know when power is going to go out here. and we have fixed rates so time of use doesn’t matter. I get that it’s important for some people. Just wanted to drop this comment for the one possible downside to the feature.