Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove wall connector from app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to remove a wall connector from the app?

My wall connector doesn't have a good connection to my WiFi. While adding it to the app, something didn't go right. Likely caused by lack of connectivity, the wall connector no longer charged my car.

I *think* what happened is that I pressed a toggle in the app to enable off-peak charging in the wall connector (just to look at the settings) but was immediately disconnected.

It took many retries to connect to it again and resolve the issue.

At this time, my wall connector shows in the app, but because of the lack of connectivity, it's useless. I'd like to just remove it... but that doesn't seem to be an available option. If I look under "Add / Remove products > Remove", only the car displays there.

I had a similar situation. Wall Connector quit, Tesla sent a new one, old connector stayed in the app. I contacted Tesla Support through the Wall Connector troubleshooting process and asked to remove the old connector giving them the old connector’s serial number and in a few hours I received an email that it was removed. Checked the app and indeed, it was removed.

Upvote 0
I had same issue, removed old charger with a warranty replacement . Initialized but old one still in app. Sent note to charger support and within a couple of minutes they removed it. Then to add the NEW charger to the app app right 3 bars press and select "Add Product". When done I also rebooted the charger (powered off wait 30 sec then on) at the breaker and the app and my car showed up normally. Prior my car showed as a generic electric vehicle on the "My Home" page.

Upvote 0