Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Setting 100% charge at exact time, to leave right away?

I'm just wondering if there is any options for the Tesla to reach 100% at a specific time, like a time you plan on leaving your home / starting point. With the wall connector, I always have more than enough time to get a full charge since lowest rate starts at 9pm. But if I set it to 100 percent charge and do it during the night, it may get to 100 percent like at 1-3am and then I may leave my home around 10am-12pm to do a long road trip from CA to Las Vegas. Since Tesla advises to not fully charge the car all the time if you don't need it, only for roadtrips.

Is there a way to set the 100% charge to finish at an exact time so you can leave right away when its done charging at 100%. Or at least be able to leave 1-2 hours after its full 100% charge may be better than letting it sit at 100% for over 6 hours when it was done charging at 3am.

If I really want to do that 100 percent charge to leave right away. When I wake up (if I remember), the car will be at 90%, then I set it to charge to 100% and it usually states 1 hour to do that 10% charge from 90 to 100%. I likely will leave within 1-2 hours of waking up, so that's the best way for me to do it. Or just simply set it to 100% before going to bed and just not care because I don't do this very often.

S
I'm just wondering if there is any options for the Tesla to reach 100% at a specific time, like a time you plan on leaving your home / starting point. With the wall connector, I always have more than enough time to get a full charge since lowest rate starts at 9pm. But if I set it to 100 percent charge and do it during the night, it may get to 100 percent like at 1-3am and then I may leave my home around 10am-12pm to do a long road trip from CA to Las Vegas. Since Tesla advises to not fully charge the car all the time if you don't need it, only for roadtrips.

Is there a way to set the 100% charge to finish at an exact time so you can leave right away when its done charging at 100%. Or at least be able to leave 1-2 hours after its full 100% charge may be better than letting it sit at 100% for over 6 hours when it was done charging at 3am.

If I really want to do that 100 percent charge to leave right away. When I wake up (if I remember), the car will be at 90%, then I set it to charge to 100% and it usually states 1 hour to do that 10% charge from 90 to 100%. I likely will leave within 1-2 hours of waking up, so that's the best way for me to do it. Or just simply set it to 100% before going to bed and just not care because I don't do this very often.
Just set it for 100% and it will turn off once it reaches your desired charge.

Reactions: calidreamz808

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC