Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF south bay suspension works recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my UP Moderates installed @ HTL Motorsports in Santa Clara.

Danny does excellent work for reasonable prices ... I believe he quoted me $375 and 4 hours to install.

He even test drove the car, found out where the springs were hitting themselves on bumps and added some extra dampening in between - the tighter coils at the tops of the progressive-rate springs will make noise because they're closer to each other.

• Informative
Reactions: Perry and YisSerL
Not in the South Bay, but I had the MP comfort coilovers w/ toe/camber arms installed w/ alignment in Berkeley by Griffin Motorwerke. They do a lot of track cars and can tune it to your specs.

+1 for GW

When I lived up there and drove some decently-modded ICE sports cars I had them do some work for me and they’re awesome. This was like 20 years ago too so they’ve been around!

Did you get an alignment as well for the price? First ive heard about UP coils making noises.

I got my UP Moderates installed @ HTL Motorsports in Santa Clara.

Danny does excellent work for reasonable prices ... I believe he quoted me $375 and 4 hours to install.

He even test drove the car, found out where the springs were hitting themselves on bumps and added some extra dampening in between - the tighter coils at the tops of the progressive-rate springs will make noise because they're closer to each other.

Did you get an alignment as well for the price? First ive heard about UP coils making noises.

I had UP Moderates but recently switched out to MPP Comfort coils, because of the noise and comfort issues. I drive 120 miles R.T. a day on 680 and I eventually got annoyed with the ride quality. Great on smooth roads, but with some of the crap pavement sections on 680, it was unbearable.

For alignment I went to California Wheels in Campbell. They charged around $200 for the alignment w/ MPP rear camber/toe arms. May be cheaper with stock arms.